• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

very tough choice Brian, ...that Cap #3 is a very cool clasic cover.,.. but at 7.0, I feel it would be easier to get another copy close to that grade, as where the Action #58 at 9.4,.. would be alot harder to top.. plus it will look great along with my other Actions...

I'll take the Action #58.

I second that! headbang.gif

Fantastic #3

That was a surprise. poke2.gif

My choices as well.

I'd take the Action over the Cap. Close call because it's a Red Skull cover on the Cap.

I think some patterns are emerging here. I generally find myself staying away from blue labels that have resto like 'very minor glue' and generally find myself picking lower grade keys vs higher grade non-keys, with classic covers also being a bonus if not priced into the stratosphere. It's been pretty interesting in terms of evaluating the choices I make.

Anyone else noticing trends of their own?

I think some patterns are emerging here. I generally find myself staying away from blue labels that have resto like 'very minor glue' and generally find myself picking lower grade keys vs higher grade non-keys, with classic covers also being a bonus if not priced into the stratosphere. It's been pretty interesting in terms of evaluating the choices I make.

Yes, that none of these comics is the kind I collect and I'm okay with that. And, therefore, that it's far easier to choose between these options than it is to make the choices I actually do make for my collection.

Yeah, I have to go Cap 3 also. The pattern for me, since this is a fantasy exercise, is the same as my regular collecting. I choose the books I enjoy, who's covers, stories and characters I like, whose historical impact appeal to me and that have some sort of emotianal impact.

Yes, that none of these comics is the kind I collect and I'm okay with that. And, therefore, that it's far easier to choose between these options than it is to make the choices I actually do make for my collection.

Good point! I'm in the same boat but it's still an interesting exercise.

The price for each was $6,000. The grader's note on the Archie:"3 small pieces of tape on the inside of the cover, and 2 extra staples added, not during manufacturing". Which one would you choose, and why?

1542184-greenlantern.jpg

...............or

1542184-archie1.jpg

Archie for me....I buy keys. I would probably crack the case, remove the 2 extra staples, and resubmit the book so the only graders notes would be due to the inner cover tape. Don't like books loaded up with grader's notes.

1542184-archie1.jpg.a86a516c17987096cb2c0de6d63445ed.jpg

hello all..

holy cow, batman...3 "non" DC choices for me in one 24 hour period (must be the moon, or something)....I guess for me, while having a 9.4 GA DC is rare and would be a treat, I can't dismiss the historical value that Archie #1 has, versus an albeit uncommon GL issue...so, MLJ for me

rick

while owning a SF white paged copy of a GA DC would be very nice.. I'd have to the Archie #1, even with the tape and extra staples..besides it presents very well for a 3.0,

now, if that Green Lantern was a number # 1 instead of # 9 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

After not pulling the trigger way to many times on an Archie 1, I'd have to have it, even though it's low grade. I had a chance back in 1997 to buy Archie 1-10 for 1100.00, all in g-vg range and instead I used the money to pay for my wife's surgery. foreheadslap.gif This story is half true. Substitute wife's surgery for my stupidity! It's only a comic book,,,it's only a comic book....it's only a comic book.....it's only a comic book.....it's only a comic book.....

Edited by The_Black_Hand