• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

How about this one? The book on the left or the book on the right?

The New Comics 1 is a CGC 9.2 Universal (next highest CGC graded copy is a 7.0)

The Superman 1 is a CGC 7.5 with Extensive restoration

NewSuperman_001.jpg

I'll go Famous Funnies. Highest graded or not, that seems like a fairly generic issue of Detective Comics.

Ditto.

Thats a much tougher pick. Superman # 1 RESTORED is a very plentiful book. The New fun # 1 IN BLUE 9.2 is probably a 1 of a kind book or close to it. The bonus is it is the 1st of the More Fun line too. New Fun by 2 lengths.

This is a tough one for me so I'll go with A1Kid's recommendation.

How about this one? The book on the left or the book on the right?

The New Comics 1 is a CGC 9.2 Universal (next highest CGC graded copy is a 7.0)

The Superman 1 is a CGC 7.5 with Extensive restoration

NewSuperman_001.jpg

Supey 1

I would definately take the Famous Funnies over the Detective

Much harder choice for the Supes vs New Comics. With Action 1 being my grail followed by Supes 1, I would be very tempted by Supes, but I think I would go for the Amazing high grade of the much harder to find New Comics. If the Supes was unrestored even in a bit lower grade I might swing the other way

Yes, definitely the Famous Funnies #1 over a much later run 'Tec book by a country mile. FF #1 to me is currently a very much underappreciated and possibly undervalued book as compared to the early 70's when the first price guide came out. You have to remember this book is acknowledged to be the first comic book of the Modern era. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now, the choice between the highest graded New Comics #1 and an extensively restored copy of Supes #1 is a much tougher choice. Especially considering that the top price is guide for the New Comics is over $20K and that's in VF condition only. I could see OS easily placing a value of over $40K on this book when he gets around to upping the top grade on this book similar to what he did with New Book of Comics a couple of years ago. Highly doubt if anybody would pay this kind of money, although I must admit bidders in the major auctions do sometimes seem to be heavily influenced by what shows up in the guide.

Probably a toss-up between the New Comics #1 and Supes #1 until I actually have both copies in my hand. Will admit that I am leaning towards Supes #1 based upon the information in hand and being the historic grail book that it is.

Again im Picking the New Comics # 1 because I can always get a restored Superman # 1 in the WINK of an eye [come on- admit it] The 9.2 New comics # 1

is virtually a 1 time chance only to acquire it. If I was a Goldenage Key only collector This is the proper responce. I was a golden age key only collector in the past. This responce is not correct for everyone of course. Im relating it to my backround approach only.

A little Gold vs. Silver on this one....keeps things fresh and interesting! Both sold in the same 2005 auction for the exact same amount....$43,125. Which one would you choose, and why ????

1636288-mf54.jpg

.........................or

1636288-jjm83.jpg

JIM83 for me in one second flat....but this is a GA forum...I may be alone.

1st Thor in 9.4 vs. 3rd Spectre in 9.2 .....nuff said!

1636288-jjm83.jpg.4bb5cdaa7257dcea607c37a820e1f286.jpg