• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I think I will go with the Marvel Mystery #3 on this one. Such and early book of a major title in that grade, with those pages, just can't be passed up.

(thumbs u

MMC #3 for me.

Despite what it says on the label, the Weird #1 is a George Tuska cover, not Lou Fine.

Sorry, but this time I don't care for either of them. Bedrock can have both.

Funny you should say that....

I plan on having both soon.

I have one already.....

mm3.jpg

And an offer will be made on the other soon. (It is a book I have wanted for a while!)

BTW, that scan does not do justice to how pretty the Weird is.

Edited by MrBedrock

Here's my copy of Weird Comics 1.

Weird1GA-1.jpg

This cover has everything...a hero with guns ablazing, a female in distress (with guns ablazing), apes, a secret laboratory with a crazy hypodermic toting green skinned troll/mad scientist.

It just doesn't get much better!

Beautiful copy BZ.

(And thanks for posting all the Mystery Men is your thread (thumbs u )

I agree -- this is one of my favorite mad scientist covers. I'd love to find an affordable copy.

A particularly cool detail is that the woman in bondage is a cocktail gown has "What the...?" rather than terror on her face.

Has any of this material been reprinted? Is there a story inside that matches the cover?

GCD has the Tuska, not Fine, attribution right.

Jack

Here's my copy of Weird Comics 1.

Weird1GA-1.jpg

This cover has everything...a hero with guns ablazing, a female in distress (with guns ablazing), apes, a secret laboratory with a crazy hypodermic toting green skinned troll/mad scientist.

It just doesn't get much better!

Beautiful copy BZ.

(And thanks for posting all the Mystery Men is your thread (thumbs u )

I'd take More Fun 101.

Origin and first appearance of Superboy.

Definately my pick. I don't like the cheesiness of the Flash (and GL) comics of the time, and I don't really know anything about the other title.