• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: showcase-4
Both sold in $2008 for $21,510. Which one would you choose, and why???

Neither the #29 is overpriced and the Daredevil can be bought for less.

true, but the winner bought the tec 29 thinking that the resto could be removed...a little research would have revealed that the cover was being held onto the book with the "reinforcement"...remove the reinforcement, it is a seperated cover, but the best looking 3.0 on the planet :)

Originally Posted By: showcase-4
Both sold in $2008 for $21,510. Which one would you choose, and why???

Neither the #29 is overpriced and the Daredevil can be bought for less.

(thumbs u (worship)

batman #1 over the action #1.

i think i am one of the only people that don't care about action 1. i would love one but i would rather have detective 27 or batman 1. the batman is unrestored HG. much more rarer.

and detective 29 over daredevil #1

detective 29 is my favorite cover of all.

I collect pre-Robin Tecs. Therefore, hands down Tec #29 over Daredevil #1, for all the obvious reasons. Also, this is the 2nd Batman cover. This book is to Tec #27 what Action #7 is to Action #1, IMHO. Also, as for the purple label, this is definately a "buy the book and not the label". Can you imagine what this book would grade/worth if that spine was never detached $$$$$$??? This is a key book from 1939 untouched(except for the spine, which was done for the right reason ), no trimming, no colour touch, no pieces added, no tear seals and so on. This book has all the upside than alot of other $20,000. and up books that I have seen sell lately. I think I've ramble on too long. Did I mention I take Tec #29 all day long!

Tony.

Both sold for $16,000 in 2005. A match-up between a mid-grade Superhero semi-key ( some would say Key ), and a very high grade, high demand Classic Cover......... mmmm, mmmm good!

Not one of my favorite Schomburg covers.I will go with the ped tec 38.

Now if it was a terrific...

Both sold for $90,000 in 2007. Which one, and why ????

Definitely the Marvel Comics #1... better grade AND I don't really want any Superman in my collection... if I had any Superman books in my collection, I would sell them to buy Batman books... or Timely books... or Atom Age horror... or EC westerns... or Avon romance... or Badger original art... or... well, you get the point...