• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

well alright, this is a good one... the MF 52 is rare as heck unrestored, but I still go with a mod restored tec 27...just can't kill my namesake (Thumbs u

Originally Posted By: showcase-4
I'm outta' here!
\^\^

You're just jealous, because while you merely respond to great threads, I create them :busy:

yeah your right, it's been a whole 5 minutes since you've started a thread about white pagers. :baiting:

btw: I'll take Detective #27.

Originally Posted By: Detective27Kid
 Originally Posted By: ciorac
Both sold for approx. $13,000 about 5 years ago.

The graders notes on the Marvel reference 5 pieces of tape on the cover, inside cover, and 1st wrap.

Which one would you choose, and why ????

Is this really a competition??

I'd choose a coverless Marvel 1 over the Fantastic #3.

Apples and Oranges.

I also suspect that the marvel 1 would clear $25K today, and the fantastic 3 would still be at sub $15K \(shrug\)

OK, OK....before you 2 OPG Advisors burn me at the stake, how about these 2 -- still $13,000 -- still 5 years ago (same Marvel #1 as last match up)

The More Fun has my personal favorite Spectre cover of the run, but the marvecl Comics #1 is a grail book for me.I would have to pick the Marvel Comics #1.

well alright, this is a good one... the MF 52 is rare as heck unrestored, but I still go with a mod restored tec 27...just can't kill my namesake \(thumbs u

Normally I would take the Tec 27 in a heartbeat, but since the focus of my collection is mid grade key GA, I am forced to choose the more fun.....

:sorry::cry:

well alright, this is a good one... the MF 52 is rare as heck unrestored, but I still go with a mod restored tec 27...just can't kill my namesake \(thumbs u

Normally I would take the Tec 27 in a heartbeat, but since the focus of my collection is mid grade key GA, I am forced to choose the more fun.....

sorry.gifcry.gif

focus smocus... tec 27 for you MR!

sorry.gifcry.gif

You are probably right Gator, But for that kind of money, couldn't I find a low grade unrestored Tec 27? :wishluck:

Tough - from an investment standpoint I'd have to pick the Tec #27 - but if I were actually buying books in that price range for my collection I'd take the MF 52 - as I'd rather own it than the Tec.

sorry.gifcry.gif

You are probably right Gator, But for that kind of money, couldn't I find a low grade unrestored Tec 27? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

why, yes you could, but that doesn't change the fact that a leopard doesn't change his spots without extensive cosmetic surgery :makepoint:

Both sold for approx. $13,000 about 5 years ago.

The graders notes on the Marvel reference 5 pieces of tape on the cover, inside cover, and 1st wrap.

Which one would you choose, and why ????

Is this really a competition??

I'd choose a coverless Marvel 1 over the Fantastic #3.

Apples and Oranges.

I also suspect that the marvel 1 would clear $25K today, and the fantastic 3 would still be at sub $15K \(shrug\)

OK, OK....before you 2 OPG Advisors burn me at the stake, how about these 2 -- still $13,000 -- still 5 years ago (same Marvel #1 as last match up)

lol I think that MF just sold for 11,500 in Chicago this year poke2.gif
I'd go for the the Marvel #1 as I already have the MF :baiting: