• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Assuming that values are the same. Perhaps the rarest of all Timely's, an unrestored #1 October copy (is there even another copy that exists?) or:

MC1CGC5.jpg[/img]

MMC9cgc8.jpg[/img]

I'll take the mid-grade Nic Cage October :cloud9: Marvel #1 over the high grade MMC #9 all day long ....... mega-key #1, and super rare variant at that, trumps Classic Cover / cool Superhero battle

MC#1 and being pedantic if the October copy came out first it isn't the variant :baiting:

George, you are such a scintillating conversationalist :)

Just as a side bar does anyone who has first hand knowledge of the condition of the MMC#9 feel that it could be pressed to a high grade, say a 9.0, or are the defects going to keep it where it is? This could be the toughest choice yet.

on MMC9, I know who owns the 9.0 chicago, the 7.0 and a 6.5, but who owns that 8.0 (shrug)

That 8.0 is the (now) 9.0 Chicago. I think (shrug)
I can live with that, seeing as it was (the 8.0) removed from the census

October MC 1 for me too.

Me too Jeff. Hardly any choice at all. Wouldn't give the MC 9 a second thought in this deal.

Oddly enough the MC#1 I believe sold last year for $80K and a CGC 9.0 MMC#9 would probably sell for around that much today. Defintely feel that $80k for the MC#1 is way, way undervalued.

Marvel 1 over Fantastic Comics 3 (not even close)

More Fun Comics 54 over Marvel 1 (that Marvel is just too crusty for me at this point)

Detective 27 (7.5 PLOD) over More Fun 52 (6.0): you gotta love the bats and pick up a beautiful copy when you can

Batman 1 (9.0) over Flash Comics 1 (9.6): Batman is more important, better known, and features the 1st Joker and Catwoman. I don't really care who owned or found a book, so pedigrees don't really matter to me.

Marvel 1 (5.0 October) over MMC 9 (8.0): Very easy pick for me here. October is uber-rare so definately that one

a SA/GA match up for you guys......interested to see what you will pick.

Both sold for approx. $150,000.....which one would you choose, and why ????

(easy one for me -- Spidey #1. With that many Pesos on the line, I would need a book that has it all, and that Spidey does. The Action #7 sale seemed to suprise just about everyone, suggesting to me that history may not repeat itself sales price wise if that book / a comparable copy comes up for sale again. With Spidey #1 ---- no worries at all. That $150k is safe....plus...it's Spidey :luhv: )

64564.jpg.82b81312fd9e90b1c9d5c1610adb17d9.jpg

64565.jpg.fa191e0cf00971db0312b8fc07911b36.jpg

a SA/GA match up for you guys......interested to see what you will pick.

Both sold for approx. $150,000.....which one would you choose, and why ????

(easy one for me -- Spidey #1. With that many Pesos on the line, I would need a book that has it all, and that Spidey does. The Action #7 sales seemed to suprise just about everyone, suggesting to me that history may not repeat itself sales price wise if that book / a comparable copy comes up for sale again. With Spidey #1 ---- no worries at all. That $150k is safe....plus...it's Spidey :luhv: )

I wouldn't pick either one, I'd search out a VG Marvel Comics #1 and pocket the remaining cash. Neither book is worth $150,000.00 IMHO. (shrug)