• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

The availability issue is a valid consideration - but when it comes down to it, if I were able to routinely afford to drop 25K on a single book - I would probably be looking for a Cap #1 - but not be interested in Tec #1 - I mean it's cool and all but imagine explaining it's value to a non-comic collector with a limited knowledge of comics.

NCC: "Wow twenty-five thousand - why is it worth so much?"

Fanboy: "It's the first issue of the comic Batman originally appeared in."

NCC: "The first Batman comic - that's cool - why isn't he on the cover?'

Fanboy: "He's not in this issue - he didn't appear until issue #27, but this is the first issue of the run."

NCC: "Oh, so why is it so valuable?"

Fanboy; "Well they are still publishing Detective comics, and it's where DC got it's name."

NCC: "DC?"

Fanboy: "The company that's published Batman and Superman for seventy years."

NCC: "Cool, so it's the first DC comic, awesome."

Fanboy: "Well, no, it's not the first DC comic."

NCC: "........oh."

Tec 1 over TOS 39. Iron Man zzz

Cap 1 over Tec 1. I'd rather get a restored Tec with some eye appeal, kind of like that one Ronaldo sold earlier this year. And any cover with Hitler getting it on the jaw is worthwhile.

The availability issue is a valid consideration - but when it comes down to it, if I were able to routinely afford to drop 25K on a single book - I would probably be looking for a Cap #1 - but not be interested in Tec #1 - I mean it's cool and all but imagine explaining it's value to a non-comic collector with a limited knowledge of comics.

Fanboy: "He's not in this issue - he didn't appear until issue #27, but this is the first issue of the run."

Fanboy; "Well they are still publishing Detective comics, and it's where DC got it's name."

exactamundo!

exactamundo!

Yea yea... but Fanboy would most likely not buy either or! Since he doesn't know what is in the first issue of TEC. GA collectors would know that detail.

exactamundo!

Who cares what NCC thinks? He probably spent $25K on his boat or some such drivel

Allright boys and girls (and Ciorac :baiting: ) , here is another Battle Royale........big books and big bucks!

Both sold in 2006 with a blended average sales price of $105,000. Which one would you choose, and why???

(and remember...this is only evenly midly interesting if you act like you are really spending $105,000 from your bank account .....not that any more then 7 of us here on the Boards have that much to begin with :gossip: ...and I'm not one of them :blush: )

70498.jpg.ac4a89ee2da1982e33abcf26c27deb91.jpg

70499.jpg.a866dc45f2f0013bf5c924a3ca452692.jpg

Allright boys and girls (and Ciorac :baiting: ) , here is another Battle Royale........big books and big bucks!

Both sold in 2006 with a blended average sales price of $105,000. Which one would you choose, and why???

(and remember...this is only evenly midly interesting if you act like you are really spending $105,000 from your bank account .....not that any more then 7 of us here on the Boards have that much to begin with :gossip: ...and I'm not one of them :blush: )

I'll go with the More Fun 52 on this one. The Marvel is just too faded.

I'll go with the More Fun 52 on this one. The Marvel is just too faded.

i'm with pons; obviously i prefer mc 1 in a vacuum, but the larson is so faded, and mf 52 is one of my very favorite d.c.'s.

much as I'd love to have a tec 1, I'd take either the TOS 39 or the Cap 1. Those books just mean more to me

i am so in tune with all but the first clause of this post. here is my bottom-line. i cannot stress how little of the collecting part of me would like to own a detective 1. truly, not a smidgen. i'd never pull it out of it's box to look at it. i LOVE tos 39, and love iron man. cap 1 is a grail to me. other than flipping for a profit, i'd never consider owning a 'tec 1. the idea of it being a "great cover" is befuddling to me. i do recognize it's lineage, however. doesn't make me want to own it 'tho.