• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Trimming might usually be a no-no, but here we're talking about an already low grade restored copy. I say add a tiny piece to the cover to get the "trimmed" label taken off, and go ahead and get it restored properly so you're looking at 6.0-6.5 restored copy.

Easy Choice.

Trimming might usually be a no-no, but here we're talking about an already low grade restored copy. I say add a tiny piece to the cover to get the "trimmed" label taken off, and go ahead and get it restored properly so you're looking at 6.0-6.5 restored copy.

Easy Choice.

So.....Tec 27 at any cost, eh? I would take that Adventure 40 so quick over this mauled and tormented Tec 27, you wouldn't even know what happened.

and that's what makes this thread ( humbly speaking ) so great :headbang:

I'd take the Tec 27 in a heartbeat. This is a special case in which trimming doesn't bother me as much as it would have. The trimming is very slight and probably the only way I can afford a Tec 27 if I can even afford one in the first place.

Tough call - don't like the big stamp on the Adv. #40 - and as cool as it is I just can't consider it a major key. The 'Tec #27 is a huge book in any condition - and crack it out of it's PLOD - that is not a bad looking copy.

If I was routinely buying books at these prices - and was interested in both - I'd probably go with the Adventure and keep looking for a nicer Tec - but if this was the ONE huge purchase I was considering - than the Tec would be it.

Still - a GA Adventure run has always been more appealing to me than a GA Detective run - so if I were looking for a cornerstone book for that run - I'd have to return to the Adv.

I really can't decide.

I really can't decide.

(tsk) (tsk) (tsk) .............just like Richard Evans, you MUST choose.

If not, my back will be against the wall, and I'll have to notify the Mods

:gossip: .......choose them both, rjpb. (thumbs u

I really can't decide.

lol

I really can't decide.

^^

Easily the Adventure #40.

MUCH better cover, higher grade, unrestored.

1st Batman sure, but not pretty to look at and that is very important to me.

(thumbs u

As usual, I find myself picking the book owned by 1koko. The Adventure 40 is (1) one of the top graded copies, (2) one of the least common DC keys, and (3) unrestored. The Tec 27 is (1) near the bottom of the census (and looks beat too), (2) a more common book, and (3) restored and TRIMMED. Adventure 40 wins.

As usual, I find myself picking the book owned by 1koko. The Adventure 40 is (1) one of the top graded copies, (2) one of the least common DC keys, and (3) unrestored. The Tec 27 is (1) near the bottom of the census (and looks beat too), (2) a more common book, and (3) restored and TRIMMED. Adventure 40 wins.

(thumbs u

One of the closest contests in a while.......at this moment, there have been 19 votes cast, and here's how we look ( to my suprise, might I add )

Tec 27 - 10 votes

Adven 40 - 9 votes

Both - 1 vote

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Let's have a special Christmas Eve "which one would you choose?".....it requires a little imagination to get 2 books to be of the same value, but I think my logic will get you there. The Mile High Flash sold for $273,000 in 2006, and the AF15 sold for $227,000 last year. ( If I remember correctly...may have been early this year??)

Anyway, based on the "1 of 1" status of the Mile High Flash, and the unbelievable hotness of AF15, I think if both went to auction next month, a $300,000 sales price for each would be reasonable.

So, with $300,000 of your cash on the line, which one would you choose, and why????

70710.jpg.ddec596a77313d125b830aa0e1459492.jpg

70711.jpg.9f43d644a1944cd749abc56eb6caa7e1.jpg

Let's have a special Christmas Eve "which one would you choose?".....it requires a little imagination to get 2 books to be of the same value, but I think my logic will get you there. The Mile High Flash sold for $273,000 in 2006, and the AF15 sold for $227,000 last year. ( If I remember correctly...may have been early this year??)

Anyway, based on the "1 of 1" status of the Mile High Flash, and the unbelievable hotness of AF15, I think if both went to auction next month, a $300,000 sales price for each would be reasonable.

So, with $300,000 of your cash on the line, which one would you choose, and why????

Flash #1. It's the best copy of an extremely imporant key issue. The AF 15 isn't even the best copy out there.

Flash #1. It's the best copy of an extremely imporant key issue. The AF 15 isn't even the best copy out there.

I choose neither! :sumo: