• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

let's see; 1st appearance of, to me, the greatest character produced by the medium, or the first appearance of a character who i literally could not care less about. with momentous decisions comes great responsibility--i'll go with spidey.

let's see; 1st appearance of, to me, the greatest character produced by the medium, or the first appearance of a character who i literally could not care less about. with momentous decisions comes great responsibility--i'll go with spidey.

:gossip: Third greatest

i knew you loved the hulk and wolverine, but i had no idea....

i knew you loved the hulk and wolverine, but i had no idea....

lol

Not quite, but I think they crack the top ten.

AF #15 without a doubt...

Although this Flash Comics #1 is the highest graded example, and has the Church provenance, Flash and Hawkman have and always will be second tier characters. Their importance pales to that of Spider-Man :sumo:

In addition, the AF#15, while not the highest graded one, still sports the White Mountain pedigree status, which is one of the best SA peds in existence (so far). It will always command a premium over like graded copies.

Anyway, based on the "1 of 1" status of the Mile High Flash, and the unbelievable hotness of AF15, I think if both went to auction next month, a $300,000 sales price for each would be reasonable.

So, with $300,000 of your cash on the line, which one would you choose, and why????

If the Flash #1 has always been graded a 9.6, I'll take it. If it's had the usual bump in grade, I'll go with the Amazing Fantasy #15.

HMMMMM one of the few times I would choose a Silver age key over a GA book. Spiderman will always outsell the Flash without a doubt. Now I wonder what would happen if you put up the AF 15 against a Tec 29 ??? (I know against a 27 would be too easy)

Can I keep the $300,000 and instead use it to buy 300 $1,000 HG GA books of my choosing?

hm

Now, THAT would be the way to go!

puts the idea of a 300K price tag for either book in perspective - you could pick up a nice selection of attractive mid-grade GA keys for that much coin.

to be honest, I don't think either one would break $250K (thumbs u

I agree with that. And since I think my old KC copy of Flash #1 is at least as nice as the Church copy I would go with the Fantasy #15.

In ten years you could probably sell the Fantasy #15 and buy a 9.0 (or at least an 8.5) copy of each of the books (heck you could probably do that now).

Geez. $300k? On principle I'd take the Flash #1 just because the AF 15 is so common.

But really I'd split the $300k and pick up some nice restored books I need like a Bat #1, Supes #1, and Marvel #1--and still have money left over.