• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Detective #27... I collect Batman... got no love for the big blue doof... and investment wise... I deem them equal, seeing as how Supes was first, but Batman is bigger (commercially), and cooler, and has more appeal...

This sums my reasoning up as well. I was never a big Superman fan, but Batman has always been one of my favorites.

Action #1 - never had one.

Really :ohm

Me either. But then I've never had a Tec 27, Marvel 1, Flash 1, AF 15, Superman 1, Batman 1... :sorry:

Both!!

After sleeping on it, Ill go with Action #1.. With all of these Batman movies, the price on the Tec 27 has gone up... Now to think if they ever made a good Supes movie hm

That's better.

For a minute there I thought you were trying to steal my act! :sumo:

This is tough. I am a Batman fan through and through, but would probably go with the Action 1. My primary reason collecting GA is the history of comics. Hence me collecting through ALL the ages (superhero only). So while Bats is cooler, and would be a beautiful crown jewel to my collection. I would say the Action 1 for historic importance, and my love and respect for the medium. First appearance of a Major GA character I love would be great. But to have the first "superhero" comic outweighs it for me.

Action 1!

Both!!

After sleeping on it, Ill go with Action #1.. With all of these Batman movies, the price on the Tec 27 has gone up... Now to think if they ever made a good Supes movie hm

That's better.

For a minute there I thought you were trying to steal my act! :sumo:

:gossip: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Both sold in the $150,000-$160,000 range.

Which one would you choose, and why????

Cap 1

I love Showcase 4 (the COMIC, so don't get too excited Stevie), but I can't see paying that kind of money for a SA book.

:sorry:

Edited by ciorac

Again I go against the grain. Well maybe not again. But I would go with Showcase 4. And here is why.

While Captain America is THE Marvel comics chracter of the GA. I would say the book lacks to me the historic value. I would take the Showcase for the first Barry Allen, and the revival of the Superhero. I also find those old DC's to be very tough in those grades, and believe the book may still rise in value.

While Cap is GREAT and I would love to own that book, I would have to go with The Flash! If my choice was between Cap 1 and Flash 1 I would go Cap..

Captain America, easy. Before choosing the Paratrooper theme for my collection, I considered titles with "Captain" in it. (my rank is captain). But thought that might be beyond my means, price wise. Unknownst to me how much this Trooper collection is going to cost me.

Captain America, easy. Before choosing the Paratrooper theme for my collection, I considered titles with "Captain" in it. (my rank is captain).

ohhhh, as in Captain Morgan? :baiting:

(said as I sip vodka and Sprite! :cloud9:)

ha! wish I was drinking. Stopped drinking during weekdays, training for another marathon :(

Flash. Start of the Silver Age is just too cool to pass up.