• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

i diagree with some of the list but Detective 27 comming in at like the 26 most important comicbook of all time I couldnt see and claiming Tec 38 to be more important?

If I follow what I think hes saying is that the first app of a sidekick[robin] is more important than the 1st app of Batman.

What he was trying to do was rate comics as to their importance to the medium, not value.

By that criteria there is some basis to make the claim that Detective 38 had more influence over the comics that came after it then Detective 27 did. Whether there was a Batman or not, there would definitely be more superheroes. But if not for the success of Robin we probably would not have seen nearly as many sidekicks. Does that argument hold water? Maybe, maybe not. But it certainly shows me that DC did everything in its power to hold Marvel back...without Robin there would be no Toro!

i diagree with some of the list but Detective 27 comming in at like the 26 most important comicbook of all time I couldnt see and claiming Tec 38 to be more important?

If I follow what I think hes saying is that the first app of a sidekick[robin] is more important than the 1st app of Batman.

What he was trying to do was rate comics as to their importance to the medium, not value.

By that criteria there is some basis to make the claim that Detective 38 had more influence over the comics that came after it then Detective 27 did. Whether there was a Batman or not, there would definitely be more superheroes. But if not for the success of Robin we probably would not have seen nearly as many sidekicks. Does that argument hold water? Maybe, maybe not. But it certainly shows me that DC did everything in its power to hold Marvel back...without Robin there would be no Toro!

I'd argue that without Robin, Batman may have been a second-tier character who didn't survive the Golden Age. Robin gave readers someone to identify with and gave Batman someone to interact with. Batman as a solitary avenger is a limited concept. Superman had Lois Lane, Doc Savage had his aides, etc.

That said, the bronze to present interpretation of Alfred makes Robin superfluous as a character as he perform same or similar story functions but is a better character overall.

I'd argue that without Robin, Batman may have been a second-tier character who didn't survive the Golden Age. Robin gave readers someone to identify with and gave Batman someone to interact with. Batman as a solitary avenger is a limited concept. Superman had Lois Lane, Doc Savage had his aides, etc.

That said, the bronze to present interpretation of Alfred makes Robin superfluous as a character as he perform same or similar story functions but is a better character overall.

Well said...both of you (thumbs u

Well said...both of you (thumbs u

And you too (thumbs u

Both sold at Heritage last year for approx. $9,000

Which one would you choose, and why????

Now that is a toughie Steve.

Both great books, decent money, historically significant.

hm

My first thought was to take the Archie as it is a book I've only had once, and probably has a better short term investment potential.

But after further consideration, I'll take the All Star. I have a fondness for 6.0 DC keys, and All Star 3 in particular.

All-Star 3 are you even trying anymore!! First Superhero team, sweet key book, and most of my favorite GA characters on a classic cover :screwy:

I'd take the Archie without hesitation, and I'll betcha' when all the votes come in, I will be far from alone. Then we'll see who's :screwy::slapfight:

neither.

i hate ice skating, and i just can't stand looking at those guys that only have one hand visible.

All-Star 3 are you even trying anymore!! First Superhero team, sweet key book, and most of my favorite GA characters on a classic cover :screwy:

I'd take the Archie without hesitation, and I'll betcha' when all the votes come in, I will be far from alone. Then we'll see who's :screwy::slapfight:

:mad::slapfight:

I'd take the Archie without hesitation, and I'll betcha' when all the votes come in, I will be far from alone.

ALL STAR #3!