• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Internet Explorer 7 sucks

12 posts in this topic

This isn't just a general rant. I use an HP3970 scanner and I was out of commission scanning comics for three days. Your experience may be different but this is first warning.

Ed

Not only does the software itself suck, it prevented my scanner from working. Thanks jerks for making me waste 3 days trying to figure it all out.

Ed

I kinda like it. Other than it making your scanner not work (strange!) what didn't you like about it?

Are you sure it wasn't an operating system upgrade (to Windows XP perhaps?) that killed your scanner? That's a common complaint-- I think we had a thread on it in Comics General months ago-- and the reason those of us who are too cheap to buy a new scanner keep our old Windows 98 boxes hooked up to our old scanners. foreheadslap.gif

what didn't you like about it?

ON IE6 I can move around the buttons and make the toolbar the way I like it. IE7 it was frozen and the buttons were scattered all over the place.

I also have gotten very used to "alt tab" when I have multiple screens up. When its multiple tabs combined with multiple screens I get lost as to what's open where.

Small things these but the scanner was the last straw. Though now I have a different scanner problem so who knows.

Ed

Not only does the software itself suck, it prevented my scanner from working. Thanks jerks for making me waste 3 days trying to figure it all out.

Ed

It's a beta Internet Explorer 7 right? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

We had less problem with DOS 6.22... The good old time...
Actually DOS 4 was the worst, even Microsoft told people to find a copy of DOS 3.1 and dump the 4. I guess that's when microsoft still had at least one thread of moral character left.