• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Not Just a Job. It's an Adventure or

32 posts in this topic

It's a way of life! It's a Career not a job! Or Josh is just expanding. tongue.gif

http://www.comiclink.com/./career.asp

If I was still a pimpled faced geek out of college, I'd jump all over this! Well, don't have the pimples and I've been out of college for a long time! But I am still a geek. Yes, it is mid-life crisis time. Time to quit my job, leave the wife and chase after the dream of working with comics,,,,,

Nah, if I went to work there I couldn't post here complaining about Comiclink,,or maybe I still could??? devil.gif

It's not just a job...., it's sheer drudgery. Let's face it, I can't even face my own accumulation, let alone someone else's. sorry.gif

It's not just a job...., it's sheer drudgery. Let's face it, I can't even face my own accumulation, let alone someone else's. sorry.gif
But, you might get to see some cool high grade GA, and maybe swipe a copy or two! devil.gif

But, you might get to see some cool high grade GA, and maybe swipe a copy or two! devil.gif

Sadly.., or maybe happily yay.gif I've gotten way too ethical in my old age - see? yes! - swipe? no! - disclose? everything!yay.gif

Well..., almost everything..., insane.gif

Under the the qualifications of Sales and Auction Coordinator:

- Ability to evaluate collections and deals for purchase

Are we seeing the same MO as Heritage here? Auctioning off your own comics? And is bidding on your own lots legal in NY?

Jim

Why in God's green earth is a BA/BS or MASTERS?!? freakin' "preferred" for the job? I don't think a college degree is any automatic certification of comic smarts that would actually be useful to Josh. What, is Josh performing some high level intellect job while at Comiclink?

I wonder what that job pays - maybe there are some board members who want to start being an official comiclink employee 27_laughing.gif

A Degree is a sign that the person had the discipline to stick to something for four years.

In reality,how much of what you learned in school is appropo to most jobs,but employees still want the degree.

I think it was the reference to a Masters that got Brian. It's a pretty silly requirement to even mention in a posting for a position like that.

A Degree is a sign that the person had the discipline to stick to something for four years.

In reality,how much of what you learned in school is appropo to most jobs,but employees still want the degree.

I think it was the reference to a Masters that got Brian. It's a pretty silly requirement to even mention in a posting for a position like that.

I reached level 99 in Space Dungeon on my old Atari 5200, does that count towards seeing something through? I am putting it on my resume

The job is lock, I will foward everyone my new phone number once I relocate.

Ze-

It's definitely the latter more than the former (the BA/BS) -- and I get what you are saying Shad, but to me so many people go to college and it isn't about sticking with something for four years -- b/c it barely takes any discipline to go to class and drink most of the night or whatever when mommy and daddy are footing the bill (take it from someone who was the beneficiary of such a life).

If you get up and go to a job every day for four years, to me, you showed just as much discipline as that four year degree. And for someone like Josh, I would think someone who is educated in the world of comics -- or simply shows they can work hard consistently -- would be the more valuable commodity.

To me it makes no sense at all why you even need a degree for this type of job..seems ludicrous to me

§ Strong attention to detail and organizational skills

§ Experience with the careful handling and packaging of fragile collectibles or art a plus

§ Ability to grade comic books

§ Ability to work both quickly and accurately

§ Willingness to take responsibility on a project and follow it through to completion

§ Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively on multiple tasks

§ Proactive problem-solving skills

§ Intellectual curiosity; seeks the opportunity to develop new skills

§ Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing client needs

§ Quick learner

§ Microsoft Excel skills and quick typing ability a plus