• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

purple power!!!

15 posts in this topic

Lets talk about barney.........joke..... just wondering how many restored comics everyone on here owns. Im at 1. cool.gif

I only have one.....it is a beautiful Miss America #1 cloud9.gif. Courtesy of Araich. Thankyou Rick.

One slabbed CGC 9.4 copy of FF #3, one unslabbed 9.2 copy of Strange Tales 84, one trimmed 8.5 copy of Daredevil 1, one trimmed copy of X-Men 7 (bought from comic-keys), and five or six other raw comics I suspect are restored but I'm not 100% sure.

I have 3.

A CGC apparent 8.5 of Dr. Strange 169. (Slight Color Touch). The other two are better known to long-time forum members - a raw Fantastic Four #1 VF and also a raw VF Justice League of America. As I've purchased quite a few raw Silver Age from e-bay in the last few years, there also might be a few surprises.

And oh yes, I don't care their restored. grin.gif

I have 3

Pep Comics 7 VF+ 8.5 SLIGHT restoration - tell me where it is and I'll cut it off!

Fantastic Four 57 9.4 Extensive. Oh well. Paid $1 for it!

Iron Man 47 9.4 Slight. Iron Man 47?????!????

Only 1 that I know of, and it's not slabbed....Tales form the Crypt #38 (2-3" paper seal on the BC). Didn't mind as I got it pretty cheap, and the FC looks nice. Awesome Jack Davis Axe-weilding psycho cover!!!!

Chris

I have several - they are all slight p or a and have slight color touch, glue on spine, pressed, cleaned, or tear seal. Have a Spidey 100 and Conan 1 both 9.4 and both slight p with drop of glue on spine - I think I paid around $100 each on ebay. The books I have that are cleaned/pressed are golden age Batmans. I have a few green labels too. A 9.6 Tales/Astonish 93 that is incredible but got the green for a 1inch piece of tape at centerfold! A beautiful book I think I paid about $175 for it! I can not see the restoration on any of these books and I got them all at bargain prices - because of the current idiotic view by most collectors regarding any and all restoration. I can live with the slight restoration - as I long as I know about it and am not being charged like the book is not restored. My prefernce is not to have anything to do with books that have reglossing, pieces added, married covers, trimming - that becomes one of those Frankenstein books. And i have learned that when cgc says slight color touch, they mean like a dot on the spine - very insignifigant stuff usually. Purple is usually the kiss of death for selling but if you look at the books carefully , you may find some real good deals.

I probably have 3 or 4 PLODs...all golden age books with "glue at centerfold", "reinforced cover", "slight color touch", etc.,. I don't mind restored books if they haven't been trimmed, had pieces added, or have extensive color touch. I also have a few would-be-PLODs if I submitted them, and a couple might-be-PLODs that I might send in to find out.

Power to the PLODs!! rantpost.gif

.....just wondering how many restored comics everyone on here owns. Im at 1. cool.gif

I own 2. one is the Captain America #2 (See my thumbnail on the left) and the other is an FF 4 (I got it at a con. I did not spot it until a few weeks later and i cant remember the damn vendor who sold it to me.) Got ripped. Its tiny little magic marker spots on the black lines. That is it on the restored books...