• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this book! Zip Comics #6, July 1940...

8 posts in this topic

Ok, I didn't really think it was that high of a grade. I'll show you guys now a much larger scan, and this will demonstrate the problems of buying a book off of EBAY. Wouldn't you agree that first scan I put up is larger than most for books for sale on EBAY?

Anyway, here's a link to an even larger scan; please evaluate this and let me know if your grade changes whatsoever.

By the way, I just bought this from Metropolis, and they graded it a VG+...

LINK TO LARGER SCAN

Ok, I didn't really think it was that high of a grade. I'll show you guys now a much larger scan, and this will demonstrate the problems of buying a book off of EBAY. Wouldn't you agree that first scan I put up is larger than most for books for sale on EBAY?

Anyway, here's a link to an even larger scan; please evaluate this and let me know if your grade changes whatsoever.

By the way, I just bought this from Metropolis, and they graded it a VG+...

I didn't want to say anything earlier..especially when everyone was giving 6.0-6.5 grades,..but I think a 5.0 is about right...Golden Age or not...thats a pretty well read/worn book....it's still a great book, don't get me wrong but it's an average vg/f.

Of all the dealers I have bought raw books from in the last couple of years(and if I haven't bought from you please don't take this as exclusive) I have found Metropolis to be the the most accurate on grading.

J.D.

LINK TO LARGER SCAN