• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics 1 CGC 8.5 on ebay

31 posts in this topic

Would have been more interesting to see it listed for a dollar and have the 195K be a reserve, that way we could see some bidding on it and see what the market really thinks it's worth. Personally I don't think the book lives up to the hype he uses:

As for the issue itself, it's a collection of firsts that no comic book ever published can top.

I disagree.... Action 1, Detective 27, Superman 1...all are more desireable and more valuable than Marvel #1. If a Superman #1 in CGC 8.5 unrestored was on eBay...it would probably blow past that 195K price with ease... shy.gif

lol I still get upset every time someone mentions that book. There's not much I can say though that hasn't already been said in the past. Lets just leave it at that book has a very questionable history, and I hope the current owner gets stuck with it for a loong time.