• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite RESTORED book from your collection!

59 posts in this topic

Absolutely gorgeous book, HarveyDude! thumbsup2.gif I especially like the fact that the restoration professional left the pencil marks on the book. It gives the book more of that "natural" look, and the work itself looks very professionally done. Do you have any idea who did the work? In any event, it's a book I'd be thrilled to own. cloud9.gif

I love all of my restored books that I knowingly purchased as restored so it is difficult to

limit the list to one. I would have to go with the All-American Comics #16. It was my

first CGC graded book purchased in the summer of 2000.

AR000502.jpg

893whatthe.gifhail.gif Gorgeous. Assuming the staples were only loose (not popped or detached), that was probably a 6.0 or better before the work was performed. Amazing book. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My only restored book:

MF52.jpg

I don't think I would buy another restored book unless it saves me 60K like this one. I don't think I would ever buy a trimmed or pieces added book either.

... I especially like the fact that the restoration professional left the pencil marks on the book.

It gives the book more of that "natural" look, and the work itself looks very professionally done.

Do you have any idea who did the work? In any event, it's a book I'd be thrilled to own. cloud9.gif

Thanks

I bought the book from Harley Yee but he had no other information to provide me.

The Green Lantern #1 that Harley sold me came with the before photos and grading

information but this book did not have any information to go with it. I believe the writing on

the book is "Fischer" written upside down.

Mouse chew on bottom spine filled in and large corner piece replaced on back cover. This is one of the very, very few books (one of maybe a half-dozen over the past 20 years) that I've purchased because it was a perfect resto candidate and was so beautiful otherwise (natural off-white to white pages, too):

100_1009.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Mouse chew on bottom spine filled in and large corner piece replaced on back cover. This is one of the very, very few books (one of maybe a half-dozen over the past 20 years) that I've purchased because it was a perfect resto candidate and was so beautiful otherwise (natural off-white to white pages, too):

100_1009.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

takeit.gif

Great books, people. Although I have been into GA books for some time, I've only got on board with serious buying in the last two years... I am not yet jaded towards restored books, as long as they still maintain eye-appeal. In many cases, the restored copies are as close as I will ever get to certain books.

For instance... (slight color touch, top staple reinforced)

cloud9.gif

1451458-redravenPOSTlo.jpg

1451458-redravenPOSTlo.jpg.f67f16403e739bc6f56a5cff3e9bad01.jpg

Great books, people. Although I have been into GA books for some time, I've only got on board with serious buying in the last two years... I am not yet jaded towards restored books, as long as they still maintain eye-appeal. In many cases, the restored copies are as close as I will ever get to certain books.

cloud9.gif

1451458-redravenPOSTlo.jpg

That's a nice book. What percentage of unrestored did you pay for that book with only minor resto?

cloud9.gif

That's a nice book. What percentage of unrestored did you pay for that book with only minor resto?

I ended up paying VG price, the seller graded it at a apparent FN/VF ... sounded fair to me. Is there some kind of a rule of thumb about what restored books are worth, based on the amount of work done ? I guess its not science ... I suppose a resto book is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

100_1009.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Very nice looking book, looks fresh as a daisy. cloud9.gif