• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a small collection unearthed

39 posts in this topic

Avengers Annual # 10;

postal_collection_005.jpg

This book seems out of place with the other books................

I was in my LCS years ago when an old wino walked in with a tattered box with a dozen early superman comics 2 through 14 or so. they were G to VG+. The staff gave him 300 bucks and sent him on his way. I was going to give him 350 27_laughing.gif

Amazing what shows up where sometimes............

Hey, how did you get the comics?

well, i drove to the Post Office yesterday and told the new owner that i'd take them home, check them out and even post a few to see if there was going to be any interest.

i realized after i got home and perused the boxfull that it was mainly midgrade bronze and later stuff. so since i'd already started the thread, i decided to follow thru and post some of the books. I posted the two GA books because they were the most interesting.

the rest are an assortment of ASM, Thor, FF, DD, Kazar, SheHulk, Hulk, Cap, team-ups and other pretty common books............

i'm repackaging them for my friends and perhaps they can sell them at a Flea-Market or something.............i was hoping to find a bunch of 60's books that would have been cool to pore over - no such luck.......... frown.gif

I'm glad the Mods cleaned-up the last two pages. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I am glad they did too, but in the process, they pulled my post, where I was thanking Harry for posting this material because it was in reply to an offensive post? There were a few good posts in the lot that got pulled.(imho)

In the end it was about sharing, which Harry did.

Thanks BB

Ze-

I am glad they did too, but in the process, they pulled my post, where I was thanking Harry for posting this material because it was i reply to an offensive post? There were a few good posts in the lot that they pulled.(imho)

Thanks BB

Ze-

Collateral damage... sorry.gif

A few good posts must give up their lives to rid us of the spam of the damned.

I'm not - I think inquiring minds want to know about the Canadian version of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition...., even if they do feature JC in a Walmart shopping bag.

I am glad they did too, but in the process, they pulled my post, where I was thanking Harry for posting this material because it was in reply to an offensive post? There were a few good posts in the lot that got pulled.(imho)

Thanks BB

Ze-

well, i missed those posts that got pulled, but have a sense for what happened.

when i got the call about these books, the gal said that the older gentleman told them to do whatever they wanted with the books (some of the Mets stuff was provided specifically for the kids, but not the books) and even went so far to suggest that they consider selling them on e-bay.

i personally do not believe these were his "prized possessions" as they seemed for the most part to have been purchased in bulk. (groups of 5 books in old plastic bags, some of which had prices on them and grades.)

so while the backstory is very sad, the disposition of the books do not really exacerbate the issue in the least..........

thanks to those who "brought me up to speed"...........................

It was really pretty funny, and wasn't nearly as bad as some of the hatcheting that regularly goes on in these boards. Basically, JC started a flame war because he perceived that burntboy was some how at fault for the way he obtained these books under the sad circumstances. JC called another board member fat and twisted on the inside as well as the outside, then someone asked why we never see a picture of JC posted anywhere, then JC gave a description of himself as the uber-mensch with never a complaint about the many women he's (ahem) "dated", and never posted a photo because he was on everyone's target list for photoshopping.

Then a photo was posted by a member, purportedly of JC, which was an old man wearing nothing but a Walmart shopping bag. And that's where I commented about now understanding why the Canadian version of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition had such a low circulation. Then the pages were yanked.

Unfortunately, along with the above good-natured fun, a bunch of relevant content and discussion was also yanked.

Amazing how these "unbiased accounts" always leave out the ton of rude insults sent my way, LONG BEFORE I ever launch a single ill word.

Just amazing. foreheadslap.gif

P.S. I never once stated anything against Burntboy, or anyone specfically, but if you want someone I "generally questioned the motives of" it would be the postal clerk. But certainly not anyone on here. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Amazing how these "unbiased accounts" always leave out the ton of rude insults sent my way, LONG BEFORE I ever launch a single ill word.

Just amazing. foreheadslap.gif

P.S. I never once stated anything against Burntboy, or anyone specfically, but if you want someone I "generally questioned the motives of" it would be the postal clerk. But certainly not anyone on here. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Well, like I said here on this thread, before the comments were pulled, and as I've stated on other threads, your grating style of writing tends to get people inflamed, whether that was the intention or not. And, folks rose up to clash with you because of their perception of what you were saying to burntboy - right or wrong. My memory tells me that the rude insults both ways came after that.

Yes, I would classify my comments as far as the recount of the pulled thread unbiased, even though I happen to have a personal bias for you, JC.flowerred.gif I find it simply unbelievable how the trout rise to the bait you cast every, every, every time. Anyway, I generally understand your comments and appreciate them, but most others seem to focus on the way things are said, not what is being said, and there the flame wars begin.