• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite Golden Age Classic Covers !!

266 posts in this topic

My favorite Golden AgeRobot cover - from my personal collection:

OutOfThisWorld_01_June1950_a.jpg

Bill

Bill......Welcome to the Boards! I see this is just your 2nd post...thanks for sharing this very nice looking book with us. The Boards - especially this Gold section, is a tremendous place to share and seek knowledge on GA books. I am also a HUGE Atlas fan, so I see by your name you are as well. How about a little info. on yourself:

years collecting?

main focus of collecting?

most wanted grail book?

Bill

Bill......Welcome to the Boards! I see this is just your 2nd post...thanks for sharing this very nice looking book with us. The Boards - especially this Gold section, is a tremendous place to share and seek knowledge on GA books. I am also a HUGE Atlas fan, so I see by your name you are as well. How about a little info. on yourself:

years collecting?

most wanted grail book?

Thanks for the warm welcome! For those who care, I filled in my profile!

Bill

Bill

years collecting?

most wanted grail book?

Bill

Looking forward to your posts!

gossip.gif I bumped a pre-hero marvel thread over in SA Forum in case you want to post any.

Bill

years collecting?

most wanted grail book?

Bill

Bill Cox!?!?!

Hey Bill, this is Bill Ponseti. How the heck have you been doing? Seems to me I've sold you a book or two over the years. Unless of course, this is a different Bill Cox from New York.... shy.gif

Bill

years collecting?

most wanted grail book?

Bill

Bill Cox!?!?!

Hey Bill, this is Bill Ponseti. How the heck have you been doing? Seems to me I've sold you a book or two over the years. Unless of course, this is a different Bill Cox from New York.... shy.gif

Howdy Bill! Yup It's me! How have you been? Ever since I completed my Atlas collection I took a break from comics for a while, but I have come out of my coma and am ready to "get back in the game!

Bill

years collecting?

most wanted grail book?

Bill

Bill Cox!?!?!

Howdy Bill! Yup It's me! How have you been? Ever since I completed my Atlas collection I took a break from comics for a while, but I have come out of my coma and am ready to "get back in the game!

A complete Atlas collection? Westerns, funny animals, romance, all?

Bill

years collecting?

most wanted grail book?

Bill

Bill Cox!?!?!

Glad to see you here Bill.

And for those of you who do not know Bill, or of him. he is a first class guy, and has and amazing comic collection. Done quite a bit of business with him over the years.

Bill

years collecting?

most wanted grail book?

Bill

Bill Cox!?!?!

Sorry, the statement: "Complete Atlas collection" I made may have been a bit too general. I was reffering to the pre-hero monster and late 50's scifi books. I don't think anyone this side of Stan Lee would have a truly "complete" Atlas collection.

Bill

years collecting?

most wanted grail book?

Bill

Bill Cox!?!?!

Sorry, the statement: "Complete Atlas collection" I made may have been a bit too general. I was reffering to the pre-hero monster and late 50's scifi books. I don't think anyone this side of Stan Lee would have a truly "complete" Atlas collection.

There's at least one and maybe a couple more. Your partial set still sounds way cool!

Bill

years collecting?

most wanted grail book?

Bill

Bill Cox!?!?!

There's at least one and maybe a couple more. Your partial set still sounds way cool!

Bill also goes for books "in grade" too, so his collection is awful pretty.

Bill, do you happen to be the guy who sold a bunch of really nice Farrell books to Gene Carpenter a few years back? Supposedly they came from a guy who was putting an Atlas set together.

No, sorry that was'nt me.. what books where they?

Rule #1 of Comicbooks- Have Fun

Okay here we go....a no number Briefer cover. Check out the "Torture Meter".....This is what IT is all about for us GA rugrats....jon

1504531-silverstreaknn.jpg

I love it, Jon!! A Breifer no less... I think he is underated... he had such a nice, lush cartoony style. This cover is amazing ... never seen this one before. This is the NN from 1946? What a fantastic cover to "geek" about!

Do my eyes deceive me, or does the central villian have a glass window on his torso, that allows you to see his organs? THAT I have never seen on a GA (or any other) cover before!

Thanks Jon!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I love it, Jon!! A Breifer no less... I think he is underated... he had such a nice, lush cartoony style. This cover is amazing ... never seen this one before. This is the NN from 1946? What a fantastic cover to "geek" about!

Do my eyes deceive me, or does the central villain have a glass window on his torso, that allows you to see his organs? THAT I have never seen on a GA (or any other) cover before!

Maybe he's been hanging around University of Wisconsin's Dairy Cattle Center. Holey Cow!

Jack

Okay..how many of you have seen this cover?....This is Capt. Battle 5...which would be okay but there is no #4 and the #3 was put out by Harry Chesler when he came back from the Army picking up this character from Silver Streak and his title.....anyway....neat Gabrielle cover.....

Classic GA motif....

Happy Holidays!

1548701-captbattle5.jpg

1548701-captbattle5.jpg.f159b026578b6438a42fe22c8716a0d0.jpg