• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite Golden Age Classic Covers !!

266 posts in this topic

Hey Showcase4, I am impressed! BCM50 is definately top 2 or 3 covers of all time in my book!

classic per overstreet, and I agree....

peterpanda5.jpg

One of My favorite Disney covers, SHOULD be a classic....

1383668-wdcs45.jpg

And a recognized disney classic (Though many will have a nicer copy then me...)

1434454-fc386.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Sweet books Alton. Hard to top your Supes 14 & 24, especially in such nice shape.

I just realized I dont think I have any books in my collection that Overstreet officially labels as "classic". sorry.gif I would say this book is the closest one I have to being recognized by many as classic:

Super17a1.jpg

There's no doubt that's a classic cover.

OH, and CentaurMan, that All American is my favorite DC cover from the GA, it just screams classic! One day, I will own one, that is a promise! I guess its technically a halloween cover judging by content and publication month, so it should be on My Halloween covers list....

Ok, so technically my Hyper-Mystery #2 isn't "classic". That's what I get for posting on a thread early and misinterpreting the mandate.

I'll replace that selection with this one, which I think better fits the theme:

allamerican61copy2.jpg

my fault for nor clarifying the definition of "classic cover"....this is a beautiful book, and I don't care what any Guide says........sure looks like a "Classic" to me. Thanks for posting this gem!

wdcs3_900.jpg

CGC 9.0 MP

If anyone knows where to find an unrestored VF copy of this book with nice eye appeal, I think it would bring $8-10,000 at auction (I'd pay this myself, more for higher grades). Mentioning this in case some long term owners haven't been following the market recently.