• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite Golden Age Classic Covers !!

266 posts in this topic

Nope, not that one. It's one of 4 books I'll have them bury with me.

frown.gif

I'll will you my shovel, though.

devil.gif

One more tonight, just 'cause this is a thread I can really sink my teeth into...

1455165-TerryToons7.jpg

That's a classic! hail.gif

Aren't you tired of that book yet? poke2.gif

Nope, not that one. It's one of 4 books I'll have them bury with me. I'll will you my shovel, though.

What are the other 3?

Nope, not that one. It's one of 4 books I'll have them bury with me. I'll will you my shovel, though.

What are the other 3?

My copy of Air Fighters 14, True Crime 2 (Murder, Morphine and Me), and Astonishing 4. I'm leaving room for my Frazettas and my Fighting Americans too, probably.

Segue to...

1456652-bustercrabbe5.jpg

1456652-bustercrabbe5.jpg.2cb740281232665df7488ef85d8c5acd.jpg

My copy of Air Fighters 14, True Crime 2 (Murder, Morphine and Me), and Astonishing 4. I'm leaving room for my Frazettas and my Fighting Americans too, probably.

Four sounds like more than enough to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

What are the other 3?

Segue to...

1456652-bustercrabbe5.jpg

I think this cover was the first significant piece of Frazetta art that I saw in person and that gave me a real appeciation of his linework. Unreal.

Love your copy! thumbsup2.gif

this is not one of my books....but I sure would like to own a high grade copy one day ( they're not exactly growing on trees). This is a true "Classic" classic cover.

1457307-startling49.jpg

When I bought out Bill Hughes's first company inventory (Executive Investments) there was a stunningly high grade copy of this book. Like a dillweed, I sold it. Wish I had it back.

This is another book very high on my want list ( hint hint ), and VERY rare in high grade! I think this would have to be on just about everyones Top 10 under the heading "pre-code esoteric classic covers"

1459273-mister_mystery12.jpg

Mister Mystery 12

Well, now it's on the top of my want list. Embarassed to say this is the first time I've seen this cover! Thank you.

Very nice thread! Great books guys!

Here's one I have shown already ... but it's my only golden age book!

Nice S-F cover by Mac Raboy.

cap-marvel-jr-17-1.jpg

I recently saw a high grade copy of this issue in person, and was rather impressed.

If it's your only GA book fred, then you made a wise choice (great copy!).

STEVE (Luvin' Larson)

Nice one WP!! I used to have a low grade copy of that back in the day... a great cover. I love the offbeat style of those Timely Terry Toons books... would love to track down a #1 issue someday. Anybody have that cover? (Gandy Goose paratrooper).

Somebody call me? Oh yea, that Terry Toons #1 is on my paratrooper list too. Hard to track down.

Let me start off by saying that I have been a long time reader of the CGC forums and have learned a lot about the hobby from the different collectors who post here. I have collected comic books for over 20 years, much of that time devoted to silver and bronze age. Over the last few years I have developed a passion for golden age books and have made this my main focus. I do not have a large collection of golden age books yet but have been fortunate to pick up some of my grails. The topics on these forums that involve favorite covers or artists are the ones I enjoy the most. I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post scans of your comics and I will be doing the same very soon.

Ken