• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite Golden Age Classic Covers !!

266 posts in this topic

news.gif As a result of this thread, I have just been offered this classic cover book

from board member GreatEscape and I said takeit.gif I am looking forward to this

transaction, but I'm not sure my wife will feel the same way.

actioncomics108GreatEscape.jpg

Larson Larson Larson!! You are a one trick pony Steve!!! poke2.gif

Nice one. Love that #4 MMC cover.

I am one payment away from owning this classic cover , one of the great covers of the GA. No heroes, just tortured humans and a GIANT evil villian head!!! Does it get better?

1454087-SILVERSTREAK%236clink.jpg

589a91801dcfd_1454087-SILVERSTREAK6clink.jpg.399da66e4a1027c02982e2ba3a15fa6d.jpg

Larson Larson Larson!! You are a one trick pony Steve!!! poke2.gif

Not quite...you haven't seen the dancing bear or the dog who sings opera yet!

I am one payment away from owning this classic cover , one of the great covers of the GA. No heroes, just tortured humans and a GIANT evil villian head!!! Does it get better?

Not much. Check out the Silver Streak 7 also when you get a chance...it's an equally fabulous book.

STEVE (Luvin' Larson)

AirFighters2v5.jpg

... been out of town for a few days, and missed it... but I'll never pass up a chance to grovel at the altar of the Church copy of one of my top 5 Golden Age covers.

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

The composition, the colors, the great all-encompassing word balloon, the unspoken cleavage, our hero in chains, the creepy guy on the other side of the bars. If you were a kid in the 40s, could you pass this up? Lemme hear ya say amen, brothers.

One more tonight, just 'cause this is a thread I can really sink my teeth into...

1455165-TerryToons7.jpg

That's a classic! hail.gif

Aren't you tired of that book yet? poke2.gif

One more tonight, just 'cause this is a thread I can really sink my teeth into...

1455165-TerryToons7.jpg

Nice one WP!! I used to have a low grade copy of that back in the day... a great cover. I love the offbeat style of those Timely Terry Toons books... would love to track down a #1 issue someday. Anybody have that cover? (Gandy Goose paratrooper).

1455165-TerryToons7.jpg

That's a classic! hail.gif

Aren't you tired of that book yet? poke2.gif

Nope, not that one. It's one of 4 books I'll have them bury with me. I'll will you my shovel, though.