• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON DINNER FOR SATURDAY 7/19

100 posts in this topic

Here's an updated list of who's planning on attending the Comic-Con dinner for Saturday night.

I'm going to try to get reservations all set up in the next week or so, so please respond to this post if you plan on attending (or if you're on the list and aren't going to attend):

Me

Lighthouse

Odin88 (probable)

JLA_all_the_way

Borg

Greggy

Ubiquiti

CGCMINT

Paladin

The Artist Formerly Known as Rickdogg (maybe)

kevthemev

Steve Borock

Is this it????? frown.gif

I really wish that I could be there but maybe next year. I had a great time at the last forum dinner and know that this one will be a great time too!

Have a beer for me,

DAM

Matt... I'd LOVE to... BUT my god, I'd have to expect expenses in the neighborhood of $1K at the barest minimum from what I hear to attend and stay for 4 days (probably a good deal more)... yikes!

I know this is the biggest and best convention there is, but damn! I can't stop thinking about what great book(s) I could buy for $1-$1.5K by staying home.

I thought about taking up an offer to stay with a customer/friend who lives nearby, but he made that suggestion almost a year ago, I only know him through email/phone and I'm not sure how i feel about asking him... plus I'd still need to find a way there.

Maybe I could rent a car at the airport and sleep in it near the convention?? grin.gif27_laughing.gif

I wish we found a big rented house (like a MTV House Party) where we all can kick in a few hundred and party are asses off at night, BBQ, drink and have a reasonably affordable place to crash.

acclaim.gif

What does everyone expect to pay to attend (all expenses except comics)?

Who has the best plan overall (quality of accommodations and price)?

hmmm..

Jet Blue to Long Beach.. $99 each way. $200 (They don't fly to SD yet..)

Rental car and gas: $200 (Long Beach is an hour away or more from SD)

Con tickets: $60 (full price at the door)

Hotel: @ ~$75 a night $300 (10+ miles away from the Con)

Food: $50 (junkfood diet and food from the hospitality room)

Yeah, I can see how that would add up fast even with everything at the rock bottom in terms of pricing...

You got me down twice - once as a for sure - once as a maybe.

I'm in - provided we don't go someplace that is silly expensive. Unless Greggy is buying. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That's because you're doubly special! cloud9.gif

Actually, I believe CGC is paying for at least half of the dinner, and I'll be getting reservations at a place that's reasonably priced.

Bru,

U could probably rent a cottage (with kitchen) on the Coronado beach area if u had enough lead time. Jam 8 guys into there & bbq. Use cracked slabs as frisbees if u don't mind the beach sand getting inside your Youngblood #1 cgc 7.0. 893Funny-thumb.gif

Will somebody PLEASE check out the "Lost Valley Collection" at the Basement Comix booth - Al is teasing me. I've heard amazing things.

You want me to buy all the books off your list and flip them to you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you don't mind the hassle of an hour wait to get back in,rooms and meals in TJ, Mejico are a real bargain. $30 American goes a real long way down south. Easy bus run to the show. Did it a couple of years ago and had a blast.

If you don't mind the hassle of an hour wait to get back in,rooms and meals in TJ, Mejico are a real bargain. $30 American goes a real long way down south. Easy bus run to the show. Did it a couple of years ago and had a blast.

How long did it take for the burning sensation when you urinate to subside?

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Is this dinner a private function or can anyone join? I'll be travelling to San Diego for the Con and would love to meet other collectors.

Sure...you can join us! Not a private function. However, no spouses are allowed! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is this dinner a private function or can anyone join? I'll be travelling to San Diego for the Con and would love to meet other collectors.

Sure...you can join us! Not a private function. However, no spouses are allowed! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

doh!!

To that the wife says,"FIne go eat dinner with your little comic book friends - and stick me with your family all night!"

THis might cost me some foot rubs! 893whatthe.gif

doh!!

To that the wife says,"FIne go eat dinner with your little comic book friends - and stick me with your family all night!"

THis might cost me some foot rubs! 893whatthe.gif

Don't worry...we'll keep her company for the rest of the convention while you are incapacitated in bed due to your over drinking! 893frustrated.gif

Tis I, the JLA one, checking in.

I'LL BE THERE...with BELLS ON!!

Oh, hi greggy. shy.gif

Rick

Yo Rick....your troll has clocked in! sumo.gif