• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIGNATURE SERIES SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

57 posts in this topic

Geez you guys are tough. Is this a boys only club? Has everybody forgotten what it was like to be spurned beacuse SS books were the poor cousins?

We are here to celebrate our love of signatures and to involve as many as we can and if we can get access to SS books as well then what a bloody bonus.

Stop scaring people off.......

893scratchchin-thumb.gif You better change it to because before someone calls you on it poke2.gif

Maybe we should change the name of the Signature series forum to Spellcheckers Anonymous.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Obviously if they drew up a profile of an SS collector the first line would read anal retentive.

No wonder the membership is moving along slowly.

I am off to have a look at your books on ebay. thumbsup2.gif

Geez you guys are tough. Is this a boys only club? Has everybody forgotten what it was like to be spurned beacuse SS books were the poor cousins?

We are here to celebrate our love of signatures and to involve as many as we can and if we can get access to SS books as well then what a bloody bonus.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif You better change it to because before someone calls you on it poke2.gif

Maybe we should change the name of the Signature series forum to Spellcheckers Anonymous.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I only did it to prove a point.

And definitely, the LAST!!!

I have posted several different topics since registering in June and noticed many threads advertising SS books for sale. I never thought there would be such an outcry against me for offering anyone a chance to buy a SS comic, irregardless of its rarity or quality. So I apologize to anyone who was offended by my topic and wish all of you the best in your endeavors.

IRREGARDLESS= NO SUCH WORD IN WRITTEN SPEECH, TRY REGARDLESS gossip.gif

from wiki

The origin of irregardless is not known for certain, but the consensus among references is that it is a portmanteau of irrespective and regardless, both of which are commonly accepted standard English words. By blending these words, an illogical word is created. "Since the prefix ir- means 'not' (as it does with irrespective), and the suffix -less means 'without,' irregardless is a double negative."[1]. (Cf. inflammable, flammable.)

Irregardless is primarily found in North America, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, and was first acknowledged in 1912 by the Wentworth American Dialect Dictionary as originating from western Indiana. Barely a decade later, the usage dispute over irregardless was such that, in 1923, Literary Digest published an article entitled "Is There Such a Word as Irregardless in the English Language?"[2]

From Webster's

There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

what point............. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And definitely, the LAST!!!

I have posted several different topics since registering in June and noticed many threads advertising SS books for sale. I never thought there would be such an outcry against me for offering anyone a chance to buy a SS comic, irregardless of its rarity or quality. So I apologize to anyone who was offended by my topic and wish all of you the best in your endeavors.

You did nothing wrong.

No Reason to leave

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

what point............. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

can somebody talk about SS around here.

from webster.com

Main Entry: sig·na·ture

Pronunciation: 'sig-n&-"chur, -ch&r, -"tyur, -"tur

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle French or Medieval Latin; Middle French, from Medieval Latin signatura, from Latin signatus, past participle of signare to sign, seal

1 a : the act of signing one's name to something b : the name of a person written with his or her own hand

2 : a feature in the appearance or qualities of a natural object formerly held to indicate its utility in medicine

3 a : a letter or figure placed usually at the bottom of the first page on each sheet of printed pages (as of a book) as a direction to the binder in arranging and gathering the sheets b : one unit of a book comprising a group of printed sheets that are folded and stitched together

4 a : KEY SIGNATURE b : TIME SIGNATURE

5 : the part of a medical prescription that contains the directions to the patient

6 : something (as a tune, style, or logo) that serves to set apart or identify; also : a characteristic mark

7 : FINGERPRINT 2

sign-offtopic.gif27_laughing.gif

from webster.com

Main Entry: sig·na·ture

Pronunciation: 'sig-n&-"chur, -ch&r, -"tyur, -"tur

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle French or Medieval Latin; Middle French, from Medieval Latin signatura, from Latin signatus, past participle of signare to sign, seal

1 a : the act of signing one's name to something b : the name of a person written with his or her own hand

2 : a feature in the appearance or qualities of a natural object formerly held to indicate its utility in medicine

3 a : a letter or figure placed usually at the bottom of the first page on each sheet of printed pages (as of a book) as a direction to the binder in arranging and gathering the sheets b : one unit of a book comprising a group of printed sheets that are folded and stitched together

4 a : KEY SIGNATURE b : TIME SIGNATURE

5 : the part of a medical prescription that contains the directions to the patient

6 : something (as a tune, style, or logo) that serves to set apart or identify; also : a characteristic mark

7 : FINGERPRINT 2

RealWebster

840114.jpg

Last reply:

Speaking of "off topic".

It is not only amusing that this has become an english lesson, but also hilarious that someone from KENTUCKY is referencing a DICTIONARY. news.gif

This comment referencing people from Kentucky is uncalled for. This is an incorrect stereotype. This is like making the statement, "People from Texas carry guns".

You should refrain from such comments.

okay, let's all play nice. Everybody got their 'zing' in on everyone etc.

Sweet books! If some don't sell, put them in the trade post!!!!

Thank you for being the voice of reason, Jon.