• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another shill-bidding, over-grading eBay putz *sigh*

31 posts in this topic

Gotta love ridiculous over-grading AND shill-bidding in the same auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270041256139

Want to bet this is relisted within 24 hours, or the second-highest bidder gets a quick "second chance offer" ? But I will give him credit...at least he posted plenty of large pics so we can all see how poor of a grader he is!

Want to bet this is relisted within 24 hours, or the second-highest bidder gets a quick "second chance offer" ? But I will give him credit...at least he posted plenty of large pics so we can all see how poor of a grader he is!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm suprised he didn't list its grade as minty fresh. I love the grade range "it's 6.0 to 8.0". He'd be more honest if he said it was between .5 and 9.4. makepoint.gif

That's pretty bad.

Trying to pass off a 2.5 (at best) as a 7.0... 893naughty-thumb.gif

I wouldn't bid on it even if there wasn't a shill. Such extreme overgrading is clearly proof of a dishonest seller.

Perhaps he's not a poor grader, just a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point? Come on people have patience for the mentally challenged....oh cr ap, starting to sound like JC. Must stop ridiculing....and spelling badly...and drinking too much johnny walker black....arghhhh airborne

Perhaps he's not a poor grader, just a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point? Come on people have patience for the mentally challenged....oh cr ap, starting to sound like JC. Must stop ridiculing....and spelling badly...and drinking too much johnny walker black....arghhhh airborne

I'm mentally challenged right now, but it's the Wild Turkey. You drink scotch?? You must be one tough S. O. B. . I had to give that up about 20 years ago. Actually, you don't sound so much like JC but more like well heeled Jediknight...., stooges.gif

poke2.gif

Scotch/Whisky mmmmmmm delicious...and still allows me to spell semi-correctly...thank you high school typing class! And thanks for the compliment, I drink my johnny straight up, probably should slow down a little, but my job at the moment sucks monkey balls

Scotch/Whisky mmmmmmm delicious...and still allows me to spell semi-correctly...thank you high school typing class! And thanks for the compliment, I drink my johnny straight up, probably should slow down a little, but my job at the moment sucks monkey balls

Mine too. If you saw last Sunday's Dilbert (10/22), well, that's where I work. Luckily getting beat up on these boards toughen me up every day for my daily work....,stooges.gif

Mmmm... ah, delicious Scotch indeed!

Hmmm... my job sucks too <hick> insane.gif!

I don't read the newspaper, kinda miss the daily comics though. Get my news from FOX news and the Daily Bird. I wish I had a job like yours, working on a newspaper sounds like something interesting.

I don't work for the newspaper - I work for Unca' Sam. However, I have written a monthly newsletter for the local Elks Lodge (for free) for the past 12 years - and let me tell you, writing anything on a daily/weekly/monthly basis gets old fast. Here is the link to the comic I was referring to:

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20061022.html

..., and my job is pretty much Catbert's, but I don't enjoy torturing employees as much as he does..., I enjoy trying to help them.

Wow. I had no idea how wrong I've been listing these comics until now. I know I'm not a proferssional grader and I say so in my listings. I thought that if I took my best guess at the grade and showed detailed pictures (some including every page) it would be informative enough to give a good representation of what was for sale. Now I know that I should just keep the detailed pictures, say i'm not confident enough in my grading skills to grade, and let bidders make the grading decision on their own. As for the shill bidding accusation, I have not tried to boost prices. Reserve price is an option for a reason. I am new to selling comics on the online community. I have a lot to learn and I know that. If any of you have any advice on how to make my auctions more accurate or how I can become a better seller I am open to any and all suggestions. I have so many comics to sell and it seems to be taking forever to list them at the rate I'm going. I am almost just tempted to do one huge lot. That way I can get back to my very normal and quite uninteresting life.