• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moon Knight coming to your TV

12 posts in this topic

Live action? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Moon Knight TV show

MOON KNIGHT MOVING TO TELEVISION?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The character is enjoying a solid resurgence in popularity thanks to the ongoing series by Charlie Huston and David Finch, and now, according to Variety, Moon Knight may be headed to television.

The trade today reported that Marvel Studios has joined with No Equal Entertainment – a Vancouver-based production company – to develop a live-action television series based on Moon Knight.

As Variety explains it, the series “will follow soldier of fortune Marc Spector as he becomes the titular vigilante after an encounter with the Egyptian god of vengeance and moon deity.”

The character first appeared in Werewolf by Night #32 in 1975, and was created by Doug moench and Don Perlin.

Issue #6 of Moon Knight is due in stores on November 15th.

probably terrible. it's not like people will even have fond memories of reading the comic like batman or spiderman or superman or hulk (or watching them in cartoons, TV or movies). moonknight is and was an obscure character. didn't even have a temprary surge like Punisher or Ghost Rider.

next are they going to do the forever people series? How about Wonderman?

I suspect this one will never happen. A friend of mine wrote a pilot last year for a series based on The Question. The network was very excited about it, but ultimately passed on the series. Same thing happened to another friend with The Flash. He got a nice big check for writing the pilot, but the network passed.

About 4-5 years ago, I pitched a Moon Knight TV series to Artisan Entertainment, who held the film rights to the character at the time. They loved my pitch, but they were focusing on Iron Fist and Thor, and kept asking me to be patient. Eventually, Artisan was bought out.

I suspect this one will never happen. A friend of mine wrote a pilot last year for a series based on The Question. The network was very excited about it, but ultimately passed on the series. Same thing happened to another friend with The Flash. He got a nice big check for writing the pilot, but the network passed.

About 4-5 years ago, I pitched a Moon Knight TV series to Artisan Entertainment, who held the film rights to the character at the time. They loved my pitch, but they were focusing on Iron Fist and Thor, and kept asking me to be patient. Eventually, Artisan was bought out.

Wow, interesting insider-info... most interesting 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.

I agree, Moon Knight could be cool, but likely will go nowhere...

... so, when is the Malibu Comics, Night-Man series due out on DVD anyhow yeahok.gif?

"Same thing happened to another friend with The Flash. He got a nice big check for writing the pilot, but the network passed."

The first Flash series was kind of a flop, so I could see them not wanting to do it again. I found it entertaining at the time, or maybe I liked it because the female lead was so smokin' hot.