• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Guards or Time-Loks from BCE?

11 posts in this topic

Getting ready to place an order, have never used these products, but everyone here seems to think they are the way to go.

Just wondering which you prefer and why, ARKLITES or TIME-LOKs. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Also, I assume you need bosrds for these sleeves, same question....which and why.

As usuall, thanks for the help. grin.gif

Idealoks are good, and so are the old Ultra-Pro mylars with the flap. I just bought 200 more of those myself.

Never tried Timeloks; glad someone here commented. Perhaps one would just buy a size larger than the comic?

Time-Loks are horrible. You can barely fit the comic into the bag and sometimes have to bend it to get them in the bag.

Smokinghawk....you already guessed at an answer and are correct. Buy a larger size for the books you want to put in Time-Loks. That's what I do and it works great.

I'm a big fan of Bill Cole's 4-mil mylars. I get Golden Age size for the GA and SA books, and SA size for the occasional BA book. They're pricey, but provide a high degree of protection and peace of mind. *Buy a lot at once, otherwise the shipping charges are fairly insane.

I'm a big fan of Bill Cole's 4-mil mylars. I get Golden Age size for the GA and SA books, and SA size for the occasional BA book. They're pricey, but provide a high degree of protection and peace of mind. *Buy a lot at once, otherwise the shipping charges are fairly insane.

50 Ultra-Pro mylars with the fold and lock tab are about $17-18, and 100 are just under $30 if you look online. With affordable shipping.

If anyone has trouble finding them, I'll post a link.

50 Ultra-Pro mylars with the fold and lock tab are about $17-18, and 100 are just under $30 if you look online. With affordable shipping.

Smokinghawk, I can't find them at that price.............Link Me grin.gif

Smokinghawk, I can't find them at that price.............Link Me grin.gif

Here ya go....Star me!

Ultra-Pro Mylar

893applaud-thumb.gifFantastic!! Great Prices!! Thanks!! cloud9.gif

Yes, and unfortunately I found that just hours after I placed an order with someone else to get 200 of them for $100 instead of for $60.

[que Homer simpson "D'oh!" sound effect here]

Well, at least I finally got my second star out of it! Thanks!