• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

overpriced firsr appearances

124 posts in this topic

Overpriced:

1st Gambit x-men 266,

Hulk # 181

Giant Size X-men # 1 ( over 500 copies in 9.2 and above)

AMS # 300

Original X-Men 1963 # 1 -is about peaked for now.

FF # 52

underpriced first appearances

1) Sgt. Fury # 1

2) Strange Tales # 110

3) Tales of Suspense # 57

4) X-men # 120

5) AMS 361

boo.gif

I don't use GP - so I'm only going by observation I see on Ebay, so bear with me.

While not reaching prices as some comics mentioned, I have a hard time believing a slabbed copy Spectacular Spider-Man#64 should be worth much more than cost of slabbing (and by much I mean $5-$7). I still haven't found anyone who cares about Cloak and Dagger or anything they have ever done. For one to go over $100 recently is crazy IMHO.

Thor#225 (maybe because I want a copy). I was told (perhaps by Foolkiller but don't quote me ) that these book consistently goes for $350 in 9.6. Firelord? Give me a break. The Sabertooth first appearance is bewildering -didn't he kind of miss his chance in the 80's to become a signifcant character and instead just became a bookmark in one of Wolverine's thousands of origin stories? If anything his appearance in the first X-Men movies showed about what he is worth IMHO. Impulse's (Flash#92) first appearance being $200+ in some stores in a 9.8 is tough for me to swallow. Also, will be damned if the first appearance of X-23 (Nyx#3) should carry a $100+ premium slabbed.

On the reverse, I still think Iron Man#55 is kind of a bargain and I'm always in the market for nice copies, and I think Tec#411 is a bargain (although I'm looking for one).

TOD#10, to me has always been overpriced. Blade just is not that exciting of a character in comics. In fact, prior to the movie, he was barely even known.

WBN#32. I like the Moon Knight character, so I can't really argue against his appearances being overvalued.

I second Rick's nomination, especially WBN#32.

i know i'm in the minority but i actually like amazing adventures 11. now i'm not saying the art or story is the most amazing things i've ever seen. i like the furry beast beter then the original shaved beast. and i mean lets face it. if your collecting bronze there's only so many keys.

Green Lantern (SA) 40 - First Crisis. Is it really that significant?

Could not agree more.

I think part of the reason this book has maintained it's value is that to a SA DC collector, it's just a damn cool cover.

Green Lantern (SA) 40 - First Crisis. Is it really that significant?

Could not agree more.

I think part of the reason this book has maintained it's value is that to a SA DC collector, it's just a damn cool cover.

It`s a great cover, AND it`s an important development in the history of the DC universe. But I don`t think the cover is so great, or the development so important, to justify the massive premium for this issue.