• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-MEN 56

9 posts in this topic

I just bought this book off the boards as an experiment It looks like a high grade copy but on the back cover on the bottom edge there is a tiny 1/16 tear and had just enought tape on it to cover the tear. The tape is now gone. no gunk on the book you can see a slight stain which doesn't show up in the scans which is the reason for the inverted image for the back cover so you can see where the tape was. What's the grade is it now considered restored. I used a blow drier to heat up the tape and a pair of tweazers to lift off and remove the tape. No solvents cleaning etc. IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0005.jpg

It was part of Brent's (qualitycomix) sale last week He stated it was in 8.5-9.0 but the tape brought it down to a 6.0. I got an excellent deal on it, $15.00 only which is why I decided to do what I did.

Does a tape pull really pull down the grade that bad? Especially on the location where it was found?

Is this really considered a tape pull? I don't think that any color was lost, just stained? confused-smiley-013.gif

i think as i recall Brent was grading really tight for that auction! It looks like you got a great deal but i would have to see a normal scan of the back cover before i could render a grade!