• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

detective comics 27 cgc 2.0

69 posts in this topic

in your opinion, about what would the price run? this is my grail, but since an 8.0 runs about 60,000 (metro has one for that price), i'm thinking my best bet is going to be a 2-3.5 (i have no problem with 3.5 early detectives)

currently saving for one, but it'll be a minute.

hello all...

an unrestored good will push $50K plus (that is about what I would pay, so I am sure there are others)...

rick

I'd agree with that because you are not going to see one every day and when it does come up its a semi-affordable grade for collectors in that market who see this as probably one of their top 3 grail pieces. You almost always see low grade copies of sought after books such as this fetch record prices whenever one pops up for sale.

Unrestored? I'd say $40,000.00+

Restored? I'd say $25,0000.00+.

Since a restored and trimmed (meaning not just restored but partially GONE) went on heritage for 36K I am not sure why you think it could be had for 25K but if anyone readying this has a restored 2.0 for 25K please PM me asap.

in your opinion, about what would the price run? this is my grail, but since an 8.0 runs about 60,000 (metro has one for that price), i'm thinking my best bet is going to be a 2-3.5 (i have no problem with 3.5 early detectives)

currently saving for one, but it'll be a minute.

Metro has an 8.0 for 60,000. That seems like a great price to me is it restored ? I would assume so.

I check the book it is restored but it is beautiful and unrestored for the same grade would be over 100,000. This price seems very reasonable.

over 100K? UH YEAH!

If and when an unrestored 8.0 appears it would sell for 400 - 600K.

youd be looking at one of the 4 best copies.

I am considering buying a coverless copy .. what do you think a fair offer price is? Thanks ..

I would say probably around $8,000 if the book is complete other than the covers, and the pages are in nice shape.

I am considering buying a coverless copy .. what do you think a fair offer price is? Thanks ..

hello all...

there have been several coverless copies change hands in the $8k to $10K + range in the recent past...

rick

hello all...

there have been several coverless copies change hands in the $8k to $10K + range in the recent past...

rick

Newforce is riight on, but for the moment, I think.

I think we've already seen the days pass when a complete coverless action 1 could be obtained for less than five figures, and I suspect it will be soon for Detective 27 as well (and I speak not as someone who has several but used to, and wishes he still did)

Don't feel bad, most of us can't afford that book. Myself included.

Maybe one of these days we would be able to afford one... I just gotta do a whole lot of saving up and only focusing on that book, which is tough because I want to own other books as well.

Don't feel bad, most of us can't afford that book. Myself included.

Maybe one of these days we would be able to afford one... I just gotta do a whole lot of saving up and only focusing on that book, which is tough because I want to own other books as well.

You are right DK, we could buy so many books for that kind of money, hard to justify putting it all in one book...maybe someday...