• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

detective comics 27 cgc 2.0

69 posts in this topic

What do you think an unrestored tec #27 in clean 5.0 would go for at auction? I'm not in the market- just curious...

hello all...

I would pay $80,000+, so figure at least that...

rick

I would like to pay 100k, but I think it worth 125k to be honest.Actually, I know Im right on the dot with this one.Ive been on a roll with predictions lately so im getting a little stuck up......O.k , im joking.......................

But not about the numbers

hello all...

peter's numbers are likely more accurate...I initially put "$100,000" in my post, then changed to $80,000 (just in case anyone was out there listening)...but $100,000-$125,000 is probably very realistic, but a seller should offer direct to the market, versus via auction house like Heritage, where 19.5% of that $125K goes to the auction house, versus an outright sale...you have at least 2 buyers (Peter and myself) right here at $100,000...

rick

Ya know I was just thinking[Fantasizing] Can you imagine the Allentown Detective 27 in a blue CGC holder saying 9.6 with off white/white pages., and than realize

that if that were done, that would be the result of the reality.Its just AWESOME to think that actually exsists in those conditions

If Metropolis has 2 copies for sale (a 6 and an 8), I'm kinda cheesed because I don't like to see them so apparently available (even though they clearly aren't).

I guess it is good from the perspective of valuation (my 7.0 falls neatly between the 2), so I'll be keeping my eye on Metro.

If Metropolis has 2 copies for sale (a 6 and an 8), I'm kinda cheesed because I don't like to see them so apparently available (even though they clearly aren't).

I guess it is good from the perspective of valuation (my 7.0 falls neatly between the 2), so I'll be keeping my eye on Metro.

Sorry dude, it's a totally common book, and the multiple Metro copies just back up that assertion. You might as well sell me that 7.0 before Metro finds a 3rd copy and cracks the market entirely.

Sorry dude, it's a totally common book, and the multiple Metro copies just back up that assertion. You might as well sell me that 7.0 before Metro finds a 3rd copy and cracks the market entirely.

I think that book is my 401(k) - I need it to sell for retirement in 30 years!

"If Metropolis has 2 copies for sale (a 6 and an 8), I'm kinda cheesed because I don't like to see them so apparently available (even though they clearly aren't)."

Okay. I'm sorry, but that pisses me off. It annoys you that 2 copies are available at Metropolis of a major key book? Would like all copies but yours destroyed?

"If Metropolis has 2 copies for sale (a 6 and an 8), I'm kinda cheesed because I don't like to see them so apparently available (even though they clearly aren't)."

Okay. I'm sorry, but that pisses me off. It annoys you that 2 copies are available at Metropolis of a major key book? Would like all copies but yours destroyed?

If you wouldn't mind ... takeit.gif

Well for your information guys, Metro just added a 3rd Tec 27 unrestored 4.5 for a whopping $125k!?!?! It's crazy how they have 3 copies for sale.. Where do they get these copies and it's all in a matter of a few weeks too? It's just mind boggling to see three of em for sale at the same time.. Wish I can afford a copy. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Well for your information guys, Metro just added a 3rd Tec 27 unrestored 4.5 for a whopping $125k!?!?! It's crazy how they have 3 copies for sale.. Where do they get these copies and it's all in a matter of a few weeks too? It's just mind boggling to see three of em for sale at the same time.. Wish I can afford a copy. Christo_pull_hair.gif

They could all be consigned.

sign-funnypost.gif

They could all be consigned.

And I think that's exactly it. I really think that people are going to Metro on consignment than Metro going out and finding all these rare golden age books.

hello all...

the fn copy has been trimmed, so I am passing on that..I was emailing with Vincent about the vf restored, until he put the 4.5 unrestored...I have yet to see the book or get a good description, but something tells me the kids college fund just went out the window...

rick

As a frame of reference I was offered a blue lable 7.0[with a miniscule dot of glue on spine for 190k a few months ago.It is the 7.0 on the census,

I did pass for the dot of glue and there was a significant staple tear on the upper staple front cover.Could not accept that on a 7.0