• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

detective comics 27 cgc 2.0

69 posts in this topic

Hi Rick. Since it was not mentioned on the website, I assume the 4.5 is not cgc graded?

hello all..

correct ...it is their grade/raw...I emailed Vincent just now, that I will be calling him tomorrow to discuss the book, and possibly fly to NY to view if our discussion warrants (following your advice! Peter). I think a "vg" does not quite warrant $125K (that would be more like $80 K to me) but you never know...while it is common knowlege I am "hot" for this book (I have a fr 1.0-missing 1/2 back cover and I have a donor/complete 27 back cover that I was going to have matt nelson marry, but now, maybe not), I am also not going to "over react" either (tis a lot of green backs)

rick

Hi Rick. Since it was not mentioned on the website, I assume the 4.5 is not cgc graded?

hello all..

correct ...it is their grade/raw...I emailed Vincent just now, that I will be calling him tomorrow to discuss the book, and possibly fly to NY to view if our discussion warrants (following your advice! Peter). I think a "vg" does not quite warrant $125K (that would be more like $80 K to me) but you never know...while it is common knowlege I am "hot" for this book (I have a fr 1.0-missing 1/2 back cover and I have a donor/complete 27 back cover that I was going to have matt nelson marry, but now, maybe not), I am also not going to "over react" either (tis a lot of green backs)

rick

Good luck with the raw 4.5 Rick. So if you are considering about purchasing the 4.5 one, what will you do with the fair copy you have? Are you still going to keep it or sell it? Just curious smile.gif

Good luck with the raw 4.5 Rick. So if you are considering about purchasing the 4.5 one, what will you do with the fair copy you have? Are you still going to keep it or sell it? Just curious smile.gif

hello all...

I would likely need to sell the 1.0 if I bought a 4.5...I paid a fairly strong price for it, and also bought an original back cover with it (intention to marry them)...since I am not as 'condition" conscious (I like restored)...I might be able to get a better deal on the restored vf, and keep my 1.0 unrestored...just have to see how the wind blows today..

rick

Well for your information guys, Metro just added a 3rd Tec 27 unrestored 4.5 for a whopping $125k!?!?! It's crazy how they have 3 copies for sale.. Where do they get these copies and it's all in a matter of a few weeks too? It's just mind boggling to see three of em for sale at the same time.. Wish I can afford a copy. Christo_pull_hair.gif

So, including the one on ebay (discussed at http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...=0#Post1473816), that makes FOUR copies in play simultaneously.

Well this story is gonna make you think .. found a coverless one on Ebay (see link below) .. and went to the trouble of educating the seller on what he had .. he emailed me and stated that someone else offered him $500 (yes five hundred dollars) and the next thing I know he ends the auction early ... someone (perhaps the first bidder - goldenagecomics) is very happy! Oh well, another one is sure to turn up .. smirk.gif

Coverless Detective 27 on Ebay

Well this story is gonna make you think .. found a coverless one on Ebay (see link below) .. and went to the trouble of educating the seller on what he had .. he emailed me and stated that someone else offered him $500 (yes five hundred dollars) and the next thing I know he ends the auction early ... someone (perhaps the first bidder - goldenagecomics) is very happy! Oh well, another one is sure to turn up .. smirk.gif

Coverless Detective 27 on Ebay

I wondered what happened to that bidder. I had emailed him pointing out what he had ajnd auggested he relist saying the book could be worth thousands. I guess if he sold it for 500 he either didn't believe me or thought I was exaggerating. Or... something else.

I just tried to bid on the detective 27 that ended on ebayand wrent for 31K and change. I am not actively looking but figured if it went for anything less than mid 30s it would be so much under maret you might as well buy if only to resell. But, like a fool.l I used another computer in the house and not my own. So when i tried to bid it wouldn't put the bid through -- saying I had to enter credit card first for bids that high. Like an *spoon* I logged on using the account for one of the kids not thinking it would matter. But of course it did. though from the wayt the bids went it seems like I wouldn't have won it anyway, just raised the high amount. so i supposes it's just as well.

Tough luck on the other one that Metro just won .. but look at all the $$$ you would have tied up .. better to keep a lookout for a coverless one .. someone I know bought a coverless one at a local show for a practically nothing from a dealer no less! I have purchased Batman #1s and other GA for very little money .. seems like people just dont know what they have .. probably should not have scared this seller by telling him what he had .. oh well, there will be more chances ..