• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help identifying books from the "N D" collection.

56 posts in this topic

Nice job! I saw a cape code book 2 months ago that indeed had a check mark next to the "ND".

West

Will CGC start noting Cape Cod on the labels?

I doubt it. I don't think I can make any sort of a convincing case for a pedigree unless the original master list turns up. Even then, its probably an uphill battle.

Even without a master list, aren't the books with ND in the familiar -script pretty easy to fake?

fixed that for you holmeslice

Nice job! I saw a cape code book 2 months ago that indeed had a check mark next to the "ND".

West

Will CGC start noting Cape Cod on the labels?

I doubt it. I don't think I can make any sort of a convincing case for a pedigree unless the original master list turns up. Even then, its probably an uphill battle.

Even without a master list, aren't the books with ND in the familiar -script pretty easy to fake?

fixed that for you holmeslice

Cynic. poke2.gif

Another interesting batch of books is "SN" collection. Have seen a lot of books with that marking.

gossip.gif Cookeville (Tenn). Grades are pretty mixed as is page quality. There were some very nice books in the collection.

I have posted this before , but what the hell . From my collection , Cookville, Tenn.

Overstreet & Geppi were on this collection.

scan0003.jpg

Thanks for another contribution. I sent an email to Mark Haspel a few weeks ago regarding the Cape Cods and CGC recognition as a pedigree, but I never heard back from him. Perhaps I should try again. It seems every book that gets posted confirms with authority that the collection deserves serious consideration as a possible pedigree.

DET #135 ND

1468745-det135ND.jpg

Just so everyone knows, this book was originally a 9.2 when it was listed in Greg Manning's Feb 24, 2001 auction. I have no idea whether it was pressed or anything, could definitely be a straight resub, but interesting that this is an old label. People seem to think old labels are safe from the resub stuff, but this book shows it has been going on for a long time.

There is an Archie Comics #27 "ND" copy.

West

West, are you reporting on these books as they pass through the grader's room? If so, can you give us an idea on the grades?

Most of the ones I see these days are submitted. I cannot report grades but as you know with this collection most are in the 7.0-9.4 range.

West