• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic bags for graded books?

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone make a bag that fits CGC graded books?

Mylars or just regular bags.

I want to keep my slabs from getting scratched when in storage.

I would prefer mylars or mylites so the books still look nice when on display.

If anyone knows, please give prices and where to get them.

Thanks in advance! 893applaud-thumb.gif

It may not really matter if they do get scratched. CGC recommends you re-slab the book every seven years, basically to change out the chamber paper. So if it did get scratched, just resub.

It may not really matter if they do get scratched. CGC recommends you re-slab the book every seven years, basically to change out the chamber paper. So if it did get scratched, just resub.

This is also helpful for the CGC balance sheet. grin.gif

At last year's SD Con, I asked Bill Cole if he had bags for CGC holders. He kind of snickered and asked why in the world I'd want a bag for a CGC holder. I explained that the holders do get scratched up. He asked if I could supply him a sample of the bag that CGC sends the holders out in, and I did. Low and behold, Bill now makes a one-size-fits-all 2 mil bag for graded comics.

Bags Unlimited makes a 3 mil bag in two different holder sizes. Both companies advertise in CBG.

I've bought some good quality ones from this ebay seller in the past. Don't know if she still sells them. Send her an email & ask.

I bought my bags from this same seller that BOC mentioned and have my CGC books stored in them. They aren't mylar so they aren't the best for "display", but they are good quality thick bags to protect during storage. They used Dutch auctions on eBay selling them. I think sales slowed down quite a bit after a little while and they probably stopped offering them. If they have some left, you might be able to get them cheap. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've bought some good quality ones from this ebay seller in the past. Don't know if she still sells them. Send her an email & ask.

I bought my bags from this same seller that BOC mentioned and have my CGC books stored in them. They aren't mylar so they aren't the best for "display", but they are good quality thick bags to protect during storage. They used Dutch auctions on eBay selling them. I think sales slowed down quite a bit after a little while and they probably stopped offering them. If they have some left, you might be able to get them cheap. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

shocked.gifI bought some from them outside of auction settings. Just requested them. But...that was a while back! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

shocked.gifI bought some from them outside of auction settings. Just requested them. But...that was a while back! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep........I did too. I purchased a few from one of their auctions just to check them out......then bought more directly from them a little later. I remembered them because they're in Indy. insane.gif