• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomMurnane Banned

109 posts in this topic

I was reading a lot of the threads on the pressing issue, and honestly I can't see anything wrong with it. It's not like you are adding tape or color touch. I see it as just restoring the comic to the condition it was in when it first rolled off the "press"

It's not about pressing (so much), it's about disclosure.

"I see it as just restoring the comic to the condition it was in when it first rolled off the "press""

So you actually do believe it's restoration! 27_laughing.gif

Edit: "Didn't mean "restoring" meant reverting the comic to its previous condition. "

Sorry, Fruedian slips cannot be taken back wink.gif

Nope, it was the posts on 10/17 and 10/27 that did him in. It was discussed at our meeting yesterday. He was given many private warnings before and after stikes.

He was given quite a bit of rope to hang himself.

Well that's good to know. You can only give a man so many warnings. Hang low Tom Dooley, I mean Tom Murnane.

I'm going to check what he said to know what NOT to say.

It has more to do with trolling and negative posting than the exact quotes themselves. You (and others) criticize certain things CGC, other dealers, other collectors and, yes, even Matt does on the boards, but the thing is, you do not get strikes and private warnings for making those posts.

Exactly, Murane rarely had anything good to say, trolled constantly, and usually only contributed criticism. I avoided the jerk in threads and the guy has had what - 3 or 4 strikes and multiple warnings? Good riddance.

I was reading a lot of the threads on the pressing issue, and honestly I can't see anything wrong with it. It's not like you are adding tape or color touch. I see it as just restoring the comic to the condition it was in when it first rolled off the "press"

Hi Paratrooper,

It is the nondisclosure of any work performed (whether you consider it restoration or not) that I have an issue with. But I am just in the minority. thumbsup2.gif

As for Tom,

He had gone overboard on more than one occasion.

It's not about pressing (so much), it's about disclosure.

"I see it as just restoring the comic to the condition it was in when it first rolled off the "press""

So you actually do believe it's restoration! 27_laughing.gif

Edit: "Didn't mean "restoring" meant reverting the comic to its previous condition. "

Sorry, Fruedian slips cannot be taken back wink.gif

I can see your point that a book that has been pressed that it should be disclosed in the auction, for those bidders who find that kind of book offensive. But, I have been recently only collecting those books that will remain in my collection for a long time and I personally would like the books to appear perfect for the least amount of money.

When it comes down to it, everybody has their own criteria when it comes to purchasing comics...and a honest seller should accurately describe the book being sold.

Nope, it was the posts on 10/17 and 10/27 that did him in. It was discussed at our meeting yesterday. He was given many private warnings before and after stikes.

He was given quite a bit of rope to hang himself.

Wait a minute! You actually have meetings to talk about us?!?

acclaim.gif

While I had a problem with many,if not most of TMs post,he did have a very sharp eye for catching some very suspicious books.I'm pretty sure he was the one that bought the infamous GL that went from qualified to blue when someone managed to tuck half the sheets under a staple,amongst others.

I'll miss his detective skills,if not he himself

Surf,

Yeah, it seemed as if he went out of his way to attack me and a few other dealers if I recall (Lauterbach for sure) for no apparent reason. I remember he had emailed me about a Sid's Luncheonette book he bought off my site and why it was taking a week for it to ship. Harry had just shipped the book to me and I responded that it was on its way from the consignor and that I would ship it the day it arrived at my office. That was somehow not good enough and he went out of his way in later posts to totally attack me, my company, my shipping policies, etc., etc.

I remember even asking him in the last post I made responding to one of his negative comments why he had such anger and he just came back with more. I still can't figure this guy out. I feel sorry for him, actually. Life is just too short to be so negative and only have bad things to say or do. Comics are supposed to be fun, no?

Surf,

Yeah, it seemed as if he went out of his way to attack me and a few other dealers if I recall (Lauterbach for sure) for no apparent reason.

No apparent reason? Really? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I spit up milk thru my nose reading that.LMAO.

Yep,can't think of a single reason why TM might say mean things about either of these guys.Can you?

Surf,

Yeah, it seemed as if he went out of his way to attack me and a few other dealers if I recall (Lauterbach for sure) for no apparent reason. I remember he had emailed me about a Sid's Luncheonette book he bought off my site and why it was taking a week for it to ship. Harry had just shipped the book to me and I responded that it was on its way from the consignor and that I would ship it the day it arrived at my office. That was somehow not good enough and he went out of his way in later posts to totally attack me, my company, my shipping policies, etc., etc.

I remember even asking him in the last post I made responding to one of his negative comments why he had such anger and he just came back with more. I still can't figure this guy out. I feel sorry for him, actually. Life is just too short to be so negative and only have bad things to say or do. Comics are supposed to be fun, no?

Yup, that delay was my fault and i thought that i explained that to Tom....................