• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby Signatures

25 posts in this topic

I just got my Foxhole #2 in the mail, this is the issue with true war stories from Kirby. My question is: Does Kirby do a lot of signings? And if he does, can I send this book to a CGC grader to get signed?

If I had to choose only one book to get signed it would be this one by the man who not only wrote the book, but lived the stories in it. Picture coming tonight, when I'm not at working goofing off.

Do anyone here have a Kirby signature comic? I would love to see some.

I've got an Avengers 1 signed "Best Wishes, Jack Kirby" on page 1. Unfortunately, I was an i-d-i-o-t (hoping to avoid the *spoon* insertion here) and didn't get a photo of the signature before sending it to CGC. So now I have a Universal Blue Avengers 1 with the caption on the label. At least it doesn't just say, "name on first page" like some of the captions do. Oh well, at least I know that it's there....

Amazingly, Sckao, that is precisely the same book that I had Kirby autograph! Got mine signed at the '75 NY Comic Con (along with sigs from Adams, Wrightson, Steranko and Smith cloud9.gif). My copy is beat, but it will never leave my collection:

455217-cap100.jpg

Amazingly, Sckao, that is precisely the same book that I had Kirby autograph! Got mine signed at the '75 NY Comic Con (along with sigs from Adams, Wrightson, Steranko and Smith cloud9.gif). My copy is beat, but it will never leave my collection:

thumbsup2.gif

It's actually not mine... I was too young back then. It belongs to a friend of mine who had it autographed in 1975 (same year!)

I own an FF 100 that was signed by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby near the indicia. I bought it from the same collector who owns the Cap 100 Shin showed a scan of. I also have an FF 94 signed by Kirby. Next time I dig through my FF box I'll scan them.

Three other Kirby signatures I own are on prints - one is an FF print that you can see in the "This week in your collection" thread in the OA forum. The others are one a pair of prints depicting Captain America.