• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who are the top 10 Golden Age Superheros ---- as of 2006?

62 posts in this topic

Some of them have faded from glory...some of them are more popular than ever.

With a focus on just the character himself, and not the comic book he 1st appeared in ( I know...that's tought to do! ), who would you say are the top 10 GA Superheros right now, and how would you rank them on a popularity scale from 1 -10 ?

1. Superman

2. Batman

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

etc. etc.

1. Batman

2. Supeman

3. Captain America

4. Sub-Mariner

5. Flash

6. Green Lantern

7. Human Torch

8. Spectre

9. Captain Marvel

10. Wonder Woman

I can't really disagree with this list. Batman is definately #1 followed by Superman (who I still think is one of the most boring characters of all time).

What...are you guys crazy? Here's the REAL list. Geez, this is SO obvious:

1) The American Crusader

2) Pyroman

3) The Fighting Yank

4) Doc Strange

5) Captain Future

6) The Liberator

7) The Woman in Red

8) The Secret Ace

9) The American Eagle

10)The Ghost

What...you didn't see the big Hollywood Blockbusters? The Saturday morning cartoons? The 7-11 slurpy cups?

hello all...

1. Batman

2. Captain Marvel

3. Supeman

4. Flash

5. Spectre

6. Green Lantern

7. Captain America

8. Human Torch

9. Wonder Woman

10. Sub-Mariner

same as ciorac, just in a different order...

rick

I love that all respondents so far have put Batman first...

headbang.gif

Since Batman is universally #1 on everyone's list, it seems like Tec 27 may be slightly overlooked as a candidate for THE book to have, as it is always standing in Action 1's shadow?

I definately see Tec 27 come up for sale less than Action 1, and for every post talking about Tec 27 or showing an imgae of it, there must be 50 posts about Action 1.

Is Tec 27 presently undervalued ? (not that I have an extra $150k laying around)

1) The American Crusader

2) Pyroman

3) The Fighting Yank

4) Doc Strange

5) Captain Future

6) The Liberator

7) The Woman in Red

8) The Secret Ace

9) The American Eagle

10)The Ghost

What...you didn't see the big Hollywood Blockbusters? The Saturday morning cartoons? The 7-11 slurpy cups?

I think I still have the Pyroman slurpy cup somewhere... insane.gif

1) The American Crusader

2) Pyroman

3) The Fighting Yank

4) Doc Strange

5) Captain Future

6) The Liberator

7) The Woman in Red

8) The Secret Ace

9) The American Eagle

10)The Ghost

I think I still have the Pyroman slurpy cup somewhere... insane.gif

How could you guys forget Catman?

I love that all respondents so far have put Batman first...

headbang.gif

Since Batman is universally #1 on everyone's list, it seems like Tec 27 may be slightly overlooked as a candidate for THE book to have, as it is always standing in Action 1's shadow?

Good points all, and for a brief period after the first Batman movie, Tec 27 was indeed considered by some to be worth more. That period of insanity soon passed, though. Action #1 is simply much more historically significant than Tec #27. Perhaps if Action #1 had never been made, Bob Kane still would have created Batman, and Tec #27 rather than Action #1 would have started the superhero revolution, but I doubt it. In any event, Action #1 DID precede Tec #27 and DID start the superhero revolution and change comics forever, so the debate is over.

for every post talking about Tec 27 or showing an imgae of it, there must be 50 posts about Action 1.

That's because there's a guy here named Action1kid who really really really likes to talk about...you guessed it, Action 1!

Perhaps we need a Tec27kid to help balance out the ratios. 27_laughing.gif

I think it depends on if your referring to which character is more popular amoung comic collectors or the general public, your everyday man (or woman) in the street..cuz you'll get all kinds of crazy different lists with comic collectors, but if your referring to which GA characters are more popular with the general public..

Superman and Batman to me are interchangeble, everyone will know these two characters, and they will both be popular for decades to come,..after these two, you would have to go with Wonder Woman then maybe Robin, or Tracy, something like that..

P.S. anyone who puts Captain Marvel as being more popular than Superman or Batman, is just kidding themselves..

Okay, let's alter the question just a bit and some of you historian types may want to have a go at this. (briefly for god's sake)

Who were the top ten superheroes between 1938 and 1946 and I mean during that actual period of time. Not looking back from today but back when the comics were actually being read.