• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who are the top 10 Golden Age Superheros ---- as of 2006?

62 posts in this topic

I think it depends on if your referring to which character is more popular amoung comic collectors or the general public, your everyday man (or woman) in the street..cuz you'll get all kinds of crazy different lists with comic collectors, but if your referring to which GA characters are more popular with the general public..

Superman and Batman to me are interchangeble, everyone will know these two characters, and they will both be popular for decades to come,..after these two, you would have to go with Wonder Woman then maybe Robin, or Tracy, something like that..

P.S. anyone who puts Captain Marvel as being more popular than Superman or Batman, is just kidding themselves..

Wouldn't do that. Though he is starting to make headway. Sadly, I think Wonder Woman is beating the snot out of him(popularity wise). I have always suspected that there is a big following for The Spirit. Anyone here agreee with me?

embarrassed that no one's mentioned any of the Quality stable. sumo.gif wither Human Bomb?

my list;

Batman

Superman

Captain America

Wonder Woman

Spectre

Human Torch

Green Arrow

Spirit

Uncle Sam

Robin - bleaugh. but he's just too well-known to dump, unfortunately

What...are you guys crazy? Here's the REAL list. Geez, this is SO obvious:

1) The American Crusader

2) Pyroman

3) The Fighting Yank

4) Doc Strange

5) Captain Future

6) The Liberator

7) The Woman in Red

8) The Secret Ace

9) The American Eagle

10)The Ghost

What...you didn't see the big Hollywood Blockbusters? The Saturday morning cartoons? The 7-11 slurpy cups?

I think I still have the Pyroman slurpy cup somewhere... insane.gif

Okay, that made me laugh. 27_laughing.gif

Okay, let's alter the question just a bit and some of you historian types may want to have a go at this. (briefly for god's sake)

Who were the top ten superheroes between 1938 and 1946 and I mean during that actual period of time. Not looking back from today but back when the comics were actually being read.

I usually look for stories to read from Quality. The Blackhawks must have been popular. Quality, I think, had some of the best writers and artist overal during the GA. My dad, who read comics, even when he was fighting in the war, always mentioned Blackhawk and Plasticman and Captain Marvel as well as The Black Hood and the Shield. Of course he would alwaus mention Batman and Superman. Another hero he brings up is the Green Hornet. As a kidhe would read everything he could get his hands on and trading was a big deal.

pshaw..Captain Marvel and Flash get and honorable mention? Here's the way I see it:

1. Superman

2. Batman

3. Captain Marvel

4. Captain America

5. Human Torch

6. Green Lanter

7. Spectre

8. Flash

9. Spirit

10, Green Hornet

Some notables would Blackhawks, Uncle Sam, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle, Shield, Black Hood etc.

pshaw..Captain Marvel and Flash get and honorable mention? Here's the way I see it:

1. Superman

2. Batman

3. Captain Marvel

4. Captain America

5. Human Torch

6. Green Lanter

7. Spectre

8. Flash

9. Spirit

10, Green Hornet

Some notables would Blackhawks, Uncle Sam, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle, Shield, Black Hood etc.

who's the Green Lanter ???? 27_laughing.gif (jk Timulty)

1. Superman

2. Batman

3. Captain Marvel

4. Captain America

5. Human Torch

6. Green Lanter

7. Spectre

8. Flash

9. Spirit

10, Green Hornet

who's the Green Lanter ???? 27_laughing.gif (jk Timulty)

sign-funnypost.gif

1. Superman

2. Batman

3. Captain Marvel

4. Captain America

5. Human Torch

6. Green Lanter

7. Spectre

8. Flash

9. Spirit

10, Green Hornet

can someone explain to whom Spectre is so popular today?

more so then the flash? screwy.gif

pshaw..Captain Marvel and Flash get and honorable mention?

Yes - Captain Marvel just doesn't cut the Cheese for me.

And the Flash makes me dizzy.

Not much love for the Hawkman, I see....

STEVE

1. Superman

2. Batman

3. Captain Marvel

4. Captain America

5. Human Torch

6. Green Lanter

7. Spectre

8. Flash

9. Spirit

10, Green Hornet

I've been wondering that too. I think the Spectre is popular with collectors for the great cover images. I don't know how they played when they were first issued.

1. Superman

2. Batman

3. Captain Marvel

4. Captain America

5. Human Torch

6. Green Lanter

7. Spectre

8. Flash

9. Spirit

10, Green Hornet

I love Captain Marvel and I think we was as popular as Supes back in the day.

1. Superman

2. Batman

3. Captain Marvel

4. Captain America

5. Human Torch

6. Green Lanter

7. Spectre

8. Flash

9. Spirit

10, Green Hornet

I've been wondering that too. I think the Spectre is popular with collectors for the great cover images. I don't know how they played when they were first issued.

Well, he's one of the few characters on that list that didn't get his own book 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, he's one of the few characters on that list that didn't get his own book 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Great poimt!

Now hold on a minute....What about:

The Black Hood

The Firefly

Bob Phantom

Mr.Justice

Captain Flag

The Wizard and Roy the Superboy

The Shield and Dusty

The Fox

The Hangman

The Comet

Rang A Tang

cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

However, if should be:

The Shield

The Comet

The Black Hood

The Hangman

The Firefly

Steel Sterling

Bob Phantom

Mr.Justice

Captain Flag

The Fox

and then probably Fran Frazier, Red Rube or the "AppleJacks". Maybe Pokey Oakey?

However, if should be:

The Shield

The Comet

The Black Hood

The Hangman

The Firefly

Steel Sterling

Bob Phantom

Mr.Justice

Captain Flag

The Fox

and then probably Fran Frazier, Red Rube or the "AppleJacks". Maybe Pokey Oakey?

funny you should mention this Shield....my kids and I just got home from "The Adventures of Pokey Oakey" sold-out 5 pm showing at our local theatre thumbsup2.gif