• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's still reading 52?

29 posts in this topic

I am still reading it. I usually pick up my books monthly and those are among the first I read.

I just finished reading the ambush bug issue less than 5 minutes ago. I enjoyed him breaking the third wall "52"

I am still reading it. I usually pick up my books monthly and those are among the first I read.

I just finished reading the ambush bug issue less than 5 minutes ago. I enjoyed him breaking the third wall "52"

Actually, breaking the fourth wall, I believe And what you enjoyed, is what bothered me in 52. It ruined the immersion in the story I had and remined me it was merely a funny book. In the right place, it would work (as I think it did in the 1980s), here, I think it failed.

Anyone out there besides me still reading 52?

I'm enjoying the Black Adam story along with most of the other storylines except for the John Steel/Lex Luthor storyline which is a real snoozer for me. And Ambush Bug's recent reappearance was a low point for the series.

In unrelated news, I'm dropping The Atom. I had high hopes for the series, enjoyed the first few issues, but after reading issue 5, I have no idea what's going on. There's no focus to the story.

I'm in it for the long haul, I really enjoy the stories.

I am totally hooked on the Black Adam family storyline and have been into Ralph Dibney after Week 13's issue (Green Arrow's line about what happens when someone let's him in church was classic!). I hope Black Adam's story doesn't become a tragedy and he becomes the Wizard or a widower. Good times!