• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Stained Glass Spidey

15 posts in this topic

So my Mom retired early & started taking stained glass classes a little while ago. She'd always wanted to make stuff, but never had the time.

Lo & behold, she showed up the other day with a late birthday present for me - I was totally floored! She made this 24" x 36" stained glass Spidey for me!

The dark area is a very dark purple glass. The moon & Spidey's webs are made out of a different type of glass that really make the piece stand out.

Sorry if the pics aren't the greatest. This is now one of my most prized comic-related pieces in my collection! It's *good* to have a parent that thinks your hobby is ok! thumbsup2.gif

Here's a full shot...

spideyfulloz1.jpg

Here's a close-up w/flash to see the glass a little better...

spideyflashin3.jpg

And here's another shot w/no flash to see the moon & Spidey's webs a little better...

spideycloseqe1.jpg

Now I've just gotta figure out where I'm gonna display this!

You both should be proud. She has skill as a glass artist. And YOU have a GREAT mom. That is a great story and a great piece of art..

I need to set aside some time and make that Batman panel I have drawn up sitting under my bench.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who here will buy it?

Ze-

You both should be proud. She has skill as a glass artist. And YOU have a GREAT mom. That is a great story and a great piece of art..

I need to set aside and make that Batman panel I have drawn up sitting under my bench.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who here will buy it?

Ze-

Does it have the requisite gargoyle? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif