• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, are we in agreement on 1st SA Joker??

12 posts in this topic

I missed this book the last time I made a run at it, but are we still in agreement that Batman 110 is it? I for one don't understand why you get the detailed 1st SA app of Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow etc.. Is the Clown Prince of Crime first SA app somewhere else other than Batman or Detective????

There is no SA Joker. He is the same character throughout GA and SA Batman with only a short respite. Last GA appearance is in #97 (2/56). First SA appearance is in #110 (9/57). In between, he was in World's Finest #88 (5/57).

That also pisses me off about our hobby-it does not fuggin matter if the Joker took only a one week respite between the GA and SA, as every fuggin chartecter from the GA(even if it's the next issue) has a SA 1st app. Christo_pull_hair.gifsign-rantpost.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif Isn't that just another of way of saying that since virtually every pre-1956 character has a subsequent first SA appearance, that its no big deal and probably not worth tracking? confused.gif

I always figured that you had to "go away" for a couple of years to really be counted as a SA Return. (That, or be frozen in ice) Hence, I never counted Batman or Superman. Same would go for Joker & Lex Luthor?