• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Grade My Hulk # 1.

20 posts in this topic

Sorry, still doesn't work even after refreshing it!

Yo fool, it downloaded fine for me! mad.gif

Now that I'm out of greggy mode, the book looks like a VG to me, assuming the scan tells the tale and there is no tape, pieces out, stains, water marks, or other defects not apparent in the scan. Here's an example of a CGC 3.5 VG- copy.

hulk1_3_5crop.jpg

Yo fool, it downloaded fine for me! mad.gif

Now that I'm out of greggy mode, the book looks like a VG to me, assuming the scan tells the tale and there is no tape, pieces out, stains, water marks, or other defects not apparent in the scan. Here's an example of a CGC 3.5 VG- copy.

Nope the scan tells all. Other than the missing back cover! (Just kidding) Its other wise great. (Oh someone circled the # 1 on the inside cover in blue pen. Very small. I have no idea why...)

I would have to say VG- (3.5). Too much creasing. If the back cover is outstanding maybe you could get to the VG level but this still is a silver age book so I suspect CGC will be a bit tougher.

Good / VG 3.0 ..show us the back cover?

I would have to go pull it out of my closet and scan it. That would be a big pain in the @$$. What i can tell you is that the back is pretty nice. Less creasing. It doesnt really pull the grade down as far as i can remember. When i purchased this in the mid 80's, it was billed as VG+. I was convinced until the mid 90's that it was a VG+. I guess CGC spanked me pretty well on this one. Oh well. It was only $380.

I believe we all made a mistake. The correct response should be are you selling the book or buying the book? If I am buying the book it looks like a G+. If I am selling the book it looks like a VG.

banner,

that hulk 1 CGC VG- 3.5 was a gift, my ASM 1 VG- CGC 3.5 looked way better than that, maybe since it's a hulk 1 and HTF.

elvis,

i'd personally would grade that book G/VG 3.0 due to too many colour breaking crease's, it's a nice copy though.

laugh.gif

bests,

pimpy

that hulk 1 CGC VG- 3.5 was a gift

Gift might be a little strong, but yeah, that book looks pretty shot in the upper right hand corner.