• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please vote for your Liaison Committee!

219 posts in this topic

STEVE - take the top four.

Me and three lawyers????!!! foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, you and FFB on the same committee should lead to some interesting encounters... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gif

I wouldn't have a problem working with any of the various top vote-getters. It's not like we'd be living in a biosphere for six months. wink.gif

And yep, thanks again to Jeff. And to everyone who voted.

It's hilarious that the three lawyers got the same number of votes.

Great job running this Jeff -- thanks for doing it... made the process easier.

While I think Brad is a no brainer -- and did from the start (hence why I wanted him on this thing and not to just step aside) -- I think any of the other nominees will do just fine.

But -- from working everyday with other lawyers -- I would encourage Steve not to put Brad and three lawyers on the committee and why I think it should go outside of just the top vote getters. While lawyers never agree (seemingly) they do all share a similar thought process and a way of looking at and solving problems from their own point of view -- and I think you need a balance of the voices and outlook on the issues when discussing them with Steve -- and also in the style of how they are communicated.

If that meant I didn't make it, I'd be okay with that -- truthfully -- I believe the best interests are served by having a balance of outlook -- not all dealers, not all collectors, not all pro or anti one position, not all one way of communicating.

My two cents...

How many votes did i get?

I demand a recount sign-rantpost.gif

Errr....OK.

There you go...it was never going to take long. poke2.gif

tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif

It's hilarious that the three lawyers got the same number of votes.

Great job running this Jeff -- thanks for doing it... made the process easier.

While I think Brad is a no brainer -- and did from the start (hence why I wanted him on this thing and not to just step aside) -- I think any of the other nominees will do just fine.

But -- from working everyday with other lawyers -- I would encourage Steve not to put Brad and three lawyers on the committee and why I think it should go outside of just the top vote getters. While lawyers never agree (seemingly) they do all share a similar thought process and a way of looking at and solving problems from their own point of view -- and I think you need a balance of the voices and outlook on the issues when discussing them with Steve -- and also in the style of how they are communicated.

If that meant I didn't make it, I'd be okay with that -- truthfully -- I believe the best interests are served by having a balance of outlook -- not all dealers, not all collectors, not all pro or anti one position, not all one way of communicating.

My two cents...

A fine two cents...and one of the reasons I voted for you, Mr. Johnny Fairplay. laugh.gif

This is a serious answer to why Steve will and should be allowed to pick from the top vote getters. There should be a range of participants. It would be hard enough listening to one lawyer, but get three lawyers together talking..and where would things go from there??????

Anyway, I look forward to seeing who the finalist are....and congrats to all the top vote-getters. Whether you were a lawyer or not. 893applaud-thumb.gif

How many votes did i get?

I demand a recount sign-rantpost.gif

Well you and your shill each voted three times for you so that's six.

devil.gif

STEVE - take the top four.

Me and three lawyers????!!! foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, you and FFB on the same committee should lead to some interesting encounters... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gif

I have always gotten along great with Brad on the phone. It's when we are on the boards that we fight. yay.gif

The polls are CLOSED, and here are your results:

With 45 votes...

REDHOOK

With 35 votes each...

ESQUIRECOMICS, FFB, & FOOLKILLER

With 29 votes...

QUALITYCOMIX

And with 21 votes...

BURNTBOY

I knew full well that CGC would never choose me as a member of the Committee, but I am very, very appreciative of those forumites who took the time to submit my name for consideration. Thanks guys! thumbsup2.gif

In any event, Mr. B knows quite well that whether on the Committee or not this won't stop me from offering substantive commentary on CGC's practices and policies! hi.gif