• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping Raw & Slabbed Rates

15 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there's a seller out there who has a handy cheat sheet of shipping prices for overseas customers. I'm in the states and always getting questions from sellers on how much it will cost for raw & slabbed books.

For instance:

US to UK for 1 slabbed book

US to UK for 1 raw book

etc....

Depends what you use, I use old priority boxes inverted and cost is

Roughly $13 for a slabbed book

Roughly $10 for raw

... is correct thumbsup2.gif

I can't understand why people charge more. In one case last week i got a raw comic between 2 pieces of cardboard (packaged well) but the cost was $21 893whatthe.gif

Though like Nik said, usually it is $10 for about 3 raw books (in a box) and $14 for a slab (in a box).

Roughly $10 for raw

I can't understand why people charge more. In one case last week i got a raw comic between 2 pieces of cardboard (packaged well) but the cost was $21 893whatthe.gif

Though like Nik said, usually it is $10 for about 3 raw books (in a box) and $14 for a slab (in a box).

You were charged $21, or the shipping costs were actually $21? If you want something insured from the US to the UK, costs go way up. Otherwise, the estimates above are correct.

Roughly $10 for raw

You were charged $21, or the shipping costs were actually $21? If you want something insured from the US to the UK, costs go way up. Otherwise, the estimates above are correct.

No the cost was $21. It was insured though. However others do ask for insane amounts sometimes.

What i don't know is if it is cheaper to have them sent Global Priority vs Airmail Parcel Post.

Do you guys charge the actual shipping fee? Or is it the shipping fee + ebay + paypal fees added in? I've gotten lots of purchases from England and other country's and always add in a few bucks for those other fees I'm charged. But $21 for two books? That seems a little extreme.

Do you guys charge the actual shipping fee? Or is it the shipping fee + ebay + paypal fees added in? I've gotten lots of purchases from England and other country's and always add in a few bucks for those other fees I'm charged. But $21 for two books? That seems a little extreme.

Just the shipping fee. You are not allowed to charge the eBay and Paypal fee. Also like Nik said it's closer to $10 than $21. I was just talking about one experence i had.

Just the shipping fee. You are not allowed to charge the eBay and Paypal fee. Also like Nik said it's closer to $10 than $21. I was just talking about one experence i had.

Actually, per eBay, you can charge for those fees and call them "handling". This is usually done as a flat charge per transaction. EBay starts getting bent out of shape when you do is as a percentage of the closing price.

As far as shipping to England... it's just insane. You can ship stuff to third world countries (like Canada tongue.gif) for much less. When I ship books over there I usually absorb part of the shipping cost -- not much, but a little.

What i don't know is if it is cheaper to have them sent Global Priority vs Airmail Parcel Post.

You can't insure Global Priority to the UK, not sure about Airmail Parcel Post, but you can insure Global Express which is where the costs start going north of $20-30.

You can't insure Global Priority to the UK, not sure about Airmail Parcel Post, but you can insure Global Express which is where the costs start going north of $20-30.

It's really the weight. If you stick it in an envelope.. yeah, a 2 pound Global Priority package can be $16. Airmail Parcel Post would be $21.10

3 pounds and APP is $25.30

4 pounds and it's $29.50

5 pounds and it's $33.75

It's really the weight. If you stick it in an envelope.. yeah, a 2 pound Global Priority package can be $16. Airmail Parcel Post would be $21.10

4 pounds and it's $29.50

5 pounds and it's $33.75

Shame you don't go through with your transactions.

4 pounds and it's $29.50

5 pounds and it's $33.75

Shame you don't go through with your transactions.

Huh? I still have your books. I just haven't gone through your list yet. You want it by itself?

By the way, this isn't a situation where I only have one copy... there's no shortage on my end so don't worry about me not having it. gossip.gif

Also, did you pay me?

Exactly...to get the end to end protection, $21 is actually cheap...but for me it's usually $30+ with Golobal Express. You can get the Airmail Parcel post cheaper, but the delivery is NOT guaranteed if I recall.

Spend some time and learn ALL of the shipping options, the costs, etc. so you can better advise customers. I try to always go with a guaranteed service...so if there is a problem, neither party is waiting for the slow USPS to come up with a resolution. Third party shipping companies negate some of that though. Of course, these options need to be weighed against the value of the package.