• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA "Short Bus" Thread Post your unpopular books!
2 2

993 posts in this topic

Thanks for the information. Since I tend to concentrate on the more obscure and esoteric comics most of this thread appeals to me. Especially the Boys Life, since I have fond memories of waiting for the next chapter when in the monthly magazine.

On another note, there were a lot of Gilbertsons in the Bakerstowne warehouse find, with major overspray and water damage, but there were also a number of nice copies in the middle of some bundles, and most of them had really white pages.

Oddball stuff is the best! Cheap, entertaining, and its a vast territory of undiscovered fun!

Is that the same warehouse find that had the Archie Christmas giants and the late issue rudolphs? I just got 2 rudolphs with heavy blue spray, and the seller also had some classics WAU? Anyone know just how many books were there?

any one like to make an offer? funds or trade?
Wow, I'd like it as well.

You're definitely out of your ELEMENT in this thread. wink.gif

everyone is saying that but i am only getting 20 to 40 dollar offers. thats what i mean, it's a ga #1 war book. no respect i tell you.

Oddball stuff is the best! Cheap, entertaining, and its a vast territory of undiscovered fun!

Is that the same warehouse find that had the Archie Christmas giants and the late issue rudolphs? I just got 2 rudolphs with heavy blue spray, and the seller also had some classics WAU? Anyone know just how many books were there?

I think so. My purchases were 1958-60 books from several publishers: Archie, Gliberton, Pines, Seaboard, Harvey, etc. There were some Rudolphs.

Jack

thats what i mean, it's a ga #1 war book. no respect i tell you.

Except, that for most GA books, being issue # 1 simply means squat! since the majority are anthology books. For example, there is nothing special about Combat Casey # 1 compared to Combat Casey # 4 nor is there anything special about Combat Casey # 1 compared to Combat Kelly # 1 or even Battle # 1 or Navy Tales # 1. Second, you do realize your book is impaired by that Code stamp on it, right? I know I will always pay less for a Code book.

any one like to make an offer? funds or trade?
Wow, I'd like it as well.

You're definitely out of your ELEMENT in this thread. wink.gif

everyone is saying that but i am only getting 20 to 40 dollar offers. thats what i mean, it's a ga #1 war book. no respect i tell you.

IMO $40 offer is a passionate love affair. Under $5 is sitting at home Saturday night without a date.

Jack

thats what i mean, it's a ga #1 war book. no respect i tell you.

Except, that for most GA books, being issue # 1 simply means squat! since the majority are anthology books. For example, there is nothing special about Combat Casey # 1 compared to Combat Casey # 4 nor is there anything special about Combat Casey # 1 compared to Combat Kelly # 1 or even Battle # 1 or Navy Tales # 1. Second, you do realize your book is impaired by that Code stamp on it, right? I know I will always pay less for a Code book.

let me better explain myself. i new what the book is worth. and i din't expect anyone to offer more then what it is worth.

all i was saying is that when i first looked the price up years ago when i purchased it with a small collection. i was suprized at the low cost because it's such a nice book to me.

thats not my date stamp

Edited by element

In many towns, mine included, the kids who went to an alternative school, for whatever reason, rode in a smaller bus, because it was a smaller school. They were usually the recipients of ridicule for being on the short bus, or "Tart cart" as some called it. In my town, it was the juvie kids who had committed crimes and had to go to a different school because of it. Sometimes it was for Mentally challenged, sometimes gifted or artistic kids, really depends on where you grew up I guess.

*SNIF*

The thread is dying. But if all of you clap your hands real hard and post your unloved comic books to show that you do believe in stinkers, maybe it won’t die.

Here's First Class Male from the Harry 'A' Chesler shop. I can't find a date on it, but obviously WWII era. WWII cartoons and letters, approx 5"x7" format. I don't remember whether that's a scan of my own copy's front cover, but I know that's my back cover.

1480910-1stclass.jpg

1480910-1stclassbacksmall.jpg

Is it unloved? I bought it for $1 in glorious BTH condition.

Jack