• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA "Short Bus" Thread Post your unpopular books!
2 2

993 posts in this topic

Here's a scan from my collection of one I'd like to nominate:

KrazyComics19.jpg

(shrug)

Maybe, but I bet there are a lot of people here who would be glad to have that book. Grothkopf cover? Too classy for the short bus, I'd say.

Jack

Maybe, but I bet there are a lot of people here who would be glad to have that book.

Well I'm not parting with it even if I'm relegated to the back of the bus by the collectors who know all the hottest keys.

:preach:

Edited by Hepcat

This is such a fabulous thread!

I'm beginning to think that The Fox and the Crow have enough fans here to qualify for the Long Bus! Here's #21 from Dec-54 (Golden Age? close enough) with a classic DC deep green cover.

Could Golden Age funny animals support their own thread? (Is there a dormant one?)

FoxandCrow18.jpg

Jack

PS: There's the active Ducks thread, but I don't think that Fox and Crow would be welcome there.

Well screw what anybody else thinks. They're very welcome in my collection.

(thumbs u

action11and104002.jpg

I like that one! :shy:

Any cover with a major villian should be on my want list. I think the snow man cover belongs on the list cause you can't tell whose who at a glance but I can't put any GA Sups there cause I like 'em all.

3987895899_9361783914_z.jpg

action11and104002.jpg

One would normally think a golden age action comics would have no place on the short bus, your submission proves one would be wrong

It's books like that one that made me stop being a run collector

That's funny. Books like that make me want to pick up more Golden Age.

;)

action11and104002.jpg

I like that one! :shy:

Any cover with a major villian should be on my want list. I think the snow man cover belongs on the list cause you can't tell whose who at a glance but I can't put any GA Sups there cause I like 'em all.

3987895899_9361783914_z.jpg

lol Thats hilarious !!

How about this one then?

LilBadWolf.jpg

I don't know of anyone else interested in collecting all of the Li'l Bad Wolf books.

(shrug)

But there are crazy people here interested in collecting all of the Four Color books -- some reluctantly. Paying actual money for Francis the Talking Mule can be painful.

Nice copy!

Jack

:acclaim: I have all 17 Francis Four Colors :insane:

... and all 3 Li'l Bad Wolf Four Colors.

Only 3? They were much more popular in Australia then. There were 25 of them in the equivalent of the Four Colour series down here. Here's a link if anyone's interested. I even have one of them:

G219_front.jpg

Not because I love LBW so much, but because it has the first ever printing of a Barks' Scrooge one-pager on the back:

G219_back.jpg