• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Superman #30

14 posts in this topic

As my third free submission when joining the society I will probably send in this one. I got shot down for my GL 76 and My Unknown Worlds #36. But the Superman #30 no matter what grade is probably a shoe-in for slabbing:

I'm hoping you agree that it's at least a 4.5

Superman30.jpg

Superman30b.jpg

4.5/5.0

Check carefully for restro.

The black lines around the red "SUPERMAN" letters in the title doesn't look natural and the top front edge looks much sharper than all the others (trim?).

This could be just the scan tough. confused-smiley-013.gif

The black lines in the Superman could be color touch...hard to say, might have to see another copy to be sure. As far as the trimming, it looks like the book was printed off center. But then again, I am just now learning about what restoration looks like. If someone could scan another copy of this book I could compare the two.

4.5/5.0

Check carefully for restro.

The black lines around the red "SUPERMAN" letters in the title doesn't look natural and the top front edge looks much sharper than all the others (trim?).

This could be just the scan tough. confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Pretty close to your guess at 4.5 How bad is the staining? Tear go to the interiors?

Dan

Staining is not that bad and just in the right lower corner. There is a a little tanning at the bottom edge. Not sure how that effects grade. And the tear you see on the cover does not effect any of the interior pages.

Pretty close to your guess at 4.5 How bad is the staining? Tear go to the interiors?

Dan

Staining is not that bad and just in the right lower corner. There is a a little tanning at the bottom edge. Not sure how that effects grade. And the tear you see on the cover does not effect any of the interior pages.

Your assessment is pretty good then. Let us know what grade you got.

thumbsup2.gif

Dan

Will do!

I have this Batman #21 I was thinking about submitting at the same time but I have doubts about it's grade. At first appearance it also looks to be a VG but there is a tear on the book that goes through most of the pages, but doesn't effect any of the interior art....I'll post it this weekend to see what you guys think. Gorgeous red cover, would look great preserved.