• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nothing to see here.... Move along... :-)

78 posts in this topic

How about the time he put up a book here as a FN+ and it looked like a GD+ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I dunno about that one, all I've honestly got to go by is how many nice books I've gotten from him, slabbed and unslabbed. He's been very good about going out of his way to make me happy as a buyer. I have noticed that when ckb gets sideways with anyone, it's usually because he won't really haggle much: That's about the only knock I've heard on him on Greg's board. On the Valiant books, at least, he really does seem to price his stuff with very little wiggle room, so maybe that's why he's hesitant to move much on price.

I'm kinda surprised, I really thought that you and he would established a really good rapport or I wouldn't have recommended him so highly. confused.gif

Besides, he ships a helluva lot faster than one of those Arkansas guys. blush.gif

Now you Stu are my hero hail.gif

27_laughing.gif Your very slooooooooooow hero. sorry.gifinsane.gif

BTW re the "over graded book he tried to sell on the boards". I can't remember the exact details, maybe he will be kind enough to link to the thread but it was something along the lines of he tried to sell a GD+ ST 110 as a FN+ at twice FN+ guide.

Those might not be the exact grades but the difference was about 4 points on the scale. He can't claim ignorance because as you saw in his post he is a dealer.

BTW re the "over graded book he tried to sell on the boards". I can't remember the exact details, maybe he will be kind enough to link to the thread but it was something along the lines of he tried to sell a GD+ ST 110 as a FN+ at twice FN+ guide.

Those might not be the exact grades but the difference was about 4 points on the scale. He can't claim ignorance because as you saw in his post he is a dealer.

What the heck are you talking about????? I have an old Overstreet guide here, and the Fine price is $321. I was at $250 by the end of the thread.

The thread is here.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...part=1&vc=1

Nothing to hide. The book is at CGC. Should be back in a couple weeks. If it's a 3.0, I'll post it and say I was wrong. No big deal. To say I was overcharging??

The thread casued me to second guess my grading, so I sent it in to CGC. What could I have done better?

And I am not a full time dealer. Whay do you think I said so? I do set up at shows occasionally.

How about the time he put up a book here as a FN+ and it looked like a GD+ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I dunno about that one, all I've honestly got to go by is how many nice books I've gotten from him, slabbed and unslabbed. He's been very good about going out of his way to make me happy as a buyer. I have noticed that when ckb gets sideways with anyone, it's usually because he won't really haggle much: That's about the only knock I've heard on him on Greg's board. On the Valiant books, at least, he really does seem to price his stuff with very little wiggle room, so maybe that's why he's hesitant to move much on price.

I'm kinda surprised, I really thought that you and he would established a really good rapport or I wouldn't have recommended him so highly. confused.gif

Besides, he ships a helluva lot faster than one of those Arkansas guys. blush.gif

I'm slower yay.gif

I'm slower yay.gif

Ship my books yet poke2.gif

So you went from $5 a book each in the first PM to $27.50 for 2 books shipped within the States. Here is the final PM

Can you show me where I ever said $5 each? I didn't. I said $30 for 4, without shipping. I did not break it down until the end since it was a package deal.

I'm glad you saved the final PM, I didn't have it. I have nothing to hide.

Can you show me where I ever said $5 each? I didn't.

You're first PM "I am going to be willing to sell my 9.0 or better copies for under $5 each, so it is an inexpensive process" hi.gif

For you to think over...this is a set you might want to buy what you can find and then upgrade if you ever come across anything better. I am going to be willing to sell my 9.0 or better copies for under $5 each, so it is an inexpensive process. Buying these on eBay is not the answer. They are almost never mint.

I stand corrected, but this was just a typo. I meant to say "under 9.0" or "less than 9.0" or something like that.

I think that's clear from the context of me talking about how hard they are to get in high grade. I'm trying to say they are not terribly hard to find and inexpensive in lower grade.

PM sent.

Man Law #32: Sales Threads WILL Use the takeit.gif Format (with no mystery PMs) and will be binding on both parties. Otherwise, see you on EBay. hi.gif

This thread is pure and utter stupidity.

You will get no arguments from me, thats for sure.

I'm quite late to this discussion, so I don't know if I can be helpful or not.

What I can tell you is that I've had nothing but good experiences buying from CKB.

I've never even met the guy, but I've had several transactions for dozens of CGC graded books...

always a fair price, and always a fantastic job on shipping.

When it comes to Valiant books, he has OFTEN given better "fixed price" deals to collectors on that messageboard

than he could have gotten on Ebay or "auction-style", especially when he knows he's helping someone with their collection.

Dealing fairly with a few "repeat buyers" has been more important to him

than raking in a couple extra bucks from random Ebay bidders.

It sounds like everything is figured out by this point, so there's no need to rehash the above,

but I can tell you that if I "beat" anyone to a book they wanted, I won't be flipping it.

I've heard nothing but good things about CKB and I've seen his Valiant sales and his pricing both online and on his eBay store.

Yes, this one was a little odd... but I'm sure he's figured out how this forum works for future sales.

Wow! I missed out on this whole thread. I sent a PM on a few books also expecting a reply...nothing, nada. Now I see the books will be on ebay.

I also see I am not alone in my feelings. What a huge waste of time this turned out to be.

I also see I am not alone in my feelings. What a huge waste of time this turned out to be.

My entire election campaign is centered around outlawing the stupidity of "mystery PM" sales threads, and instead rely entirely on the takeit.gif.

Otherwise, someone could list a big pile of EBay-bound books, for the sole purpose of gauging demand.

My entire election campaign is centered around outlawing the stupidity of "mystery PM" sales threads, and instead rely entirely on the takeit.gif.

Otherwise, someone could list a big pile of EBay-bound books, for the sole purpose of gauging demand.

If it has a price next to the book and it is in the WTB and Forum only selling it only makes sense that the seller should honor those prices. If not don't post here.

Joe, I agree 100% with you.

If it has a price next to the book and it is in the WTB and Forum only selling it only makes sense that the seller should honor those prices. If not don't post here.

Joe, I agree 100% with you.

this was was Bull *spoon* thread.