• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vindication!!!!

20 posts in this topic

A couple of weeks ago I posted an ebay question concerning a comic I had won but had not received. It was for a relatively tiny amount (less than $30) and many had suggested that it was not worth pursuing any action. Well, I just couldn't let it go and decided to file a claim with a paypal. I was not hoping for much but gave it a shot. I recieved this email from paypal just a few minutes ago.

Dear Casey Sand,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your

favor.

We were able to recover $27.91 USD and this amount has been credited to

you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to

recover the balance from the seller.

This is why I use paypal. Granted it was a tiny amount but had I used check or MO that money would now be gone. So, to all those with ebay disputes I say use every option they give you. You could very well be vindicated. thumbsup2.gifyay.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Lucky you!

I'm dealing with ebay right now on two unpaid items "bought" by a possible shill who already left me negative feedback because I didn't ship him the items for arrival within 48 hours of the end of the auction. Apparently it didn't matter to him that the books were in MD and I was in CA for the week. foreheadslap.gifmakepoint.gif

Of course, e-bay hasn't responded to my complaints. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Lucky you!

I'm dealing with ebay right now on two unpaid items "bought" by a possible shill who already left me negative feedback because I didn't ship him the items for arrival within 48 hours of the end of the auction. Apparently it didn't matter to him that the books were in MD and I was in CA for the week. foreheadslap.gifmakepoint.gif

Sorry to hear about that, Mark. The buyer Neg'd you even though he hadn't paid for them? 893whatthe.gif He must have a real pair to do that. How long ago was it when you filed your claim? It took me about three weeks. Since my seller was naru'd, it went straight to paypal. They gave the seller until Nov 8th to respond. He never did. Now had he responded it might have taken a lot longer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Casey

I'm curious if there had been any follow up communication from the seller. Good to hear the occasional win for the small guy.

No, I emailed him three different times over three weeks before I filed the claim. never heard a word from him. Paypal emailed him after I filed my claim and they never heard from him. Thus i won by default.

Good job!!! thumbsup2.gif

I also won my case, it read:

Dear Thanos,

favor.

We were able to recover $0.00 USD and this amount has been credited to

frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif

Dear Thanos,

favor.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

A couple of weeks ago I posted an ebay question concerning a comic I had won but had not received. It was for a relatively tiny amount (less than $30) and many had suggested that it was not worth pursuing any action. Well, I just couldn't let it go and decided to file a claim with a paypal. I was not hoping for much but gave it a shot.

Hey, congratulations on getting your money back. Good for you!! I'm glad you pursued. Regardless of the amount of money, people should not be allowed to get away with nonsense like that. It's the principle of it, IMO. You should get your money back, period. Good for you.

Dear Thanos,

favor.

That's F'ed up!

27_laughing.gif

A couple of weeks ago I posted an ebay question concerning a comic I had won but had not received. It was for a relatively tiny amount (less than $30) and many had suggested that it was not worth pursuing any action. Well, I just couldn't let it go and decided to file a claim with a paypal. I was not hoping for much but gave it a shot.

Hey, congratulations on getting your money back. Good for you!! I'm glad you pursued. Regardless of the amount of money, people should not be allowed to get away with nonsense like that. It's the principle of it, IMO. You should get your money back, period. Good for you.

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Dear Thanos,

favor.

That's F'ed up!

27_laughing.gif

Agreed. insane.gif

Lucky you!

Sorry to hear about that, Mark. The buyer Neg'd you even though he hadn't paid for them? 893whatthe.gif He must have a real pair to do that. How long ago was it when you filed your claim? It took me about three weeks. Since my seller was naru'd, it went straight to paypal. They gave the seller until Nov 8th to respond. He never did. Now had he responded it might have taken a lot longer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Casey

Yep, criticized me for not being friendly. screwy.gif I submitted a complaint to e-bay within 24 hours of his posting negative feedback to which I have received no response. Today was the first day I was able to file a formal complaint regarding no payment. Hopefully I can have the negatives removed.