• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #39 on eBay takin' off.

40 posts in this topic

I used to have a CGC 6.0 copy of this book. I sold it because the page quality was bad, and there were actually page flecks dropping to the bottom of the CGC holder.

The front cover on this #39 looks really sharp, but I would be concerned about the back cover. Two of this sellers other books have hole-punches on the front cover. For all we know, the #39 has hole-punches on the back.

893whatthe.gif $1,500 with just under 3 hrs left 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

well...I fold. For this price, you'd almost have to need this issue to complete a run, or hope to have it graded so it ends up being the "highest graded copy" - the lottery sometimes has better odds than that. Too much of a "non-key" for me to justify more bidding that exceeds this amount.

The Action #32 went for $456 with 5 hole-punches in the cover, a popped bottom staple, and a loose centerfold.

the Action #27 went for good money as well ($416.00), it too had 5 hole punches through the front cover, and that bottom staple looks likes it's detached as well.

So the 27, 32, & 39 all sold for more than expected. Ebay is funny sometimes. I would have guessed the final prices being about half of what they ended up at.

I'd be curious to get the buyer of the #39's impressions of the book once he gets it in hand.

well...I fold. For this price, you'd almost have to need this issue to complete a run, or hope to have it graded so it ends up being the "highest graded copy" - the lottery sometimes has better odds than that. Too much of a "non-key" for me to justify more bidding that exceeds this amount.

I think you made the right call.

$1,525 893whatthe.gif Mind boggling for a raw book with a small grainy scan. All it takes is an ugly tape stain on the back or rusty staples and the winner really took one on the chin. Perhaps the seller furnished the top bidders with a better scan?

Getting this at about 1/5th the cost seems like a bargain in comparison:

ActionComics39.jpg

$1,525 893whatthe.gif Mind boggling for a raw book with a small grainy scan. All it takes is an ugly tape stain on the back or rusty staples and the winner really took one on the chin. Perhaps the seller furnished the top bidders with a better scan?

ActionComics39.jpg

nice eye appeal for a 4.0 Zipper, and Lost Valley copy as well, nice thumbsup2.gif

ActionComics39.jpg

Now that was a good purchase - I'd've snapped that book up for $300 too.